2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when I was talking a friend from auto industry about our forum he said such forums are directed,manupulated and provaceted by rival auto manufucturers as well as the brand forum belongs.Hard question but what do you think :confused:

·
Administrator
19,183 Posts
This is a totally independent forum not connected to Honda, apart from obviously talking about their cars.

The vast majority of members talk about genuine problems they have and are seeking solutions to those problems. I think you might find that your 'friend' was wrong when talking about Civinfo.

The question isn't what we think but what do you think?

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Don't worry, meda, the forum is quite safe. Honda would have banned me by now, due to my utter hatred of the new 5 door grill!

How could they manipulate it anyway? They'd have to capture Pottsy and the Mods and force them to do their evil bidding!

Actually that's not a bad idea, look out Pottsy and the Mods, Wheelie's coming to get you!;)

(Pottsy and the Mods sounds like a good name for a 60's pop group doesn't it?!?)

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
Don't worry, meda, the forum is quite safe. Honda would have fired me by now, due to my utter hatred of the new 5 door grill!
Corrected. :cool:

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
Honda are both liked and disliked on this forum …… they would lay a brick out of there derriere :bootyshake: if they saw some of the slagging off they get on ere :D

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Like all major manuafactures feedback from sites like ours "Help" in future design probs ( Theoretically )

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
How could they manipulate it anyway? They'd have to capture Pottsy and the Mods and force them to do their evil bidding!
Perhaps they already have:questionmark: [smilie=holyshit.gi: :shock: [smilie=shake.gif]

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Yesterday when I was talking a friend from auto industry about our forum he said such forums are directed,manupulated and provaceted by rival auto manufucturers as well as the brand forum belongs.Hard question but what do you think :confused:
Not a hard question really!

I am just someone who wanted to buy a Civic and got that upset with the official Honda sponsored/manipulated/censored site that I pressed the "make a forum" button and here we are. The team who helped to set up and run the site are all also just keen owners.

There is no censorship here, outside of the rules that cover politeness, illegality and personal insults. And most of that goes into the publicly viewable "Recycle bin".

Every year or so I meet with a small team at Honda. I put forward collective concerns and questions, which they try to answer. They ask for problem trends, so they can attempt to fix or improve the product. That is the end of their direct involvement, but I am sure that many departments at Honda read the site just to get feedback on the product.

Whilst it's a nice idea that other manufacturers would plant users here, I doubt it actually happens. We have had a couple of habitual moaners on here who don't actually own Civics, but they soon get bored or get ignored, so even if they are plants they are not really changing anything.

As a side note, I try to stay independent. My job is just to facilitate the flow of information and opinion - the direction and content should not affect the strength of the flow. That way all parties will get the most out of the site.

So sadly for any conspiracy theorists, there is nothing sinister happening at Civinfo. :)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Is Civinfo safe???
Nope, not if you value your wallet...... you'll spend loads on cleaning products once you've read a few posts....

Tom

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm just awaiting the avatar "Civinfo was an inside job" ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts