2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With rattles etc?? Jeez, mine is terrible at times. I get a weird rattle in the dash somewhere, periodically, i get a strange clonk around the drivers seat, again periodically and the parcel shelf just constantly rattles. I turn the tunes up, but when the missus is in the car too i cant do that.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
yeah I'm at arms with my dealership, personally think it's disgusting even if it's not exclusive to my car!

Take it to the dealers, and do what you can, but don't expect much!

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
Thankfully mine aren't that bad, I get small ones now and then but I usually know what they are.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
So far (3 weeks old), rattle and squeak free. I've heard the rear suspension creak a couple of times but appears to have stopped now.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Rattles

I have a rattle inside the dash on the drivers side near the starter button. I bang the dash, it stops for a bit then starts up again :mad:

The next creakin' noise is from the middle air vents in the dash. Just turn the radio on and you won't here it ;)

The biggest one and it's one that the dealer has had a go at solving is coming from the footwell, again on the drivers side. I sounds like it's near the door step / cill. maybe a loose wiring loom ??
It can go days without anything then it starts again but never wants to do it when the dealer's technician has a ride in it. :confused:

I have learnt to live with them now. The car is so much fun not to love it !!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ive hardly got any aswell the odd one here and then but as Kimo says i know where they are and sot of press it and it goes away.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The drivers window rattles when half way down on mine, also the dash has a sort of creaky noise sometimes when the sun is out.

But ya gotta love em:)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
With rattles etc?? Jeez, mine is terrible at times. I get a weird rattle in the dash somewhere, periodically, i get a strange clonk around the drivers seat, again periodically and the parcel shelf just constantly rattles. I turn the tunes up, but when the missus is in the car too i cant do that.
The parcel shelf rattle may be the rear hatch ratting - it is easy to fix by adjusting the 2 rubber bump stops on the hatch. Adjust them by unscrewing them out until the boot just closes nicely - trial and error until you get the right adjustment. This fixed a noisy rattle from my boot.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Mine was very rattley around the dash

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Mine is rattling also somewhere around the instrument panel. Rattles comes on and off by random while driving.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
It seems to add character doesn't it? Had mine in for some extensive padding at the dealers as they couldn't hear anything at the time. Typical. Had roof lining, sat nav screen and most of the controls done. Initally creaked loads and still rattled, but seems to have settled down a bit now. So fortunately can ignore them. Which is good as the poor thing only gets let out a weekends now...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Drivers window does it here too, noticed it on the test drive, I'm thinking it's a common one.

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
i have absolutely no noise at all!!
neither do i thankfully..but after this post you know on my way to work tomorrow something will start!!:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Only noise that I have with mine (3 weeks old) is a few squeaks during the first few mins of driving - I think it's probably the suspension squeaking a little, rather than the breaks. I mainly drive at the weekend with the car parked up during the week.

K

1 - 20 of 52 Posts