2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first post on here never really needed to before as its already a wealth of fn2 knowledge! But today I have developed a problem when I hit vtec it seems to be going but not as aggressively before! The revs seem slightly slow as well! I'm not very mechanically gifted but my guess is maybe clutch slip as I've just hit 69k? So any advise would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
There's a Vtec actuator gizmo that needs some attention every now and again. My apologies I can't remember what it's called as I have an FK3 but have seen this to be quite a common and cheap problem I believe to fix.

Someone here will definitely be able to shed some proper light on this shortly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I always let it warm up first, and oil level is spot on just had a major service and valve clearances checked two weeks ago. The problem seems to have gone now! But I would definitely like to get to the root cause before it rears its ugly head again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick update, had the front bumper off today to change the fog lights and I don't know really what it was can only be described as a undesirable substance was in my cold air feed partially blocking it! And as I have a k&n Apollo which only source of air is that cold air feed I'm putting the problem down to severe heat stroke! All cleaned and better than ever now! Thank you all again for the advise on possible causes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts