2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My computer in my 1.8ES works great, and calculates av MPG, how many people are in the car etc etc, but the one statistic it doesn't seem to produce correctly is the average MPH.

Does anyone else have any history of problems with this please?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Don't forget that the Average MPH is since it was last reset which is often - never.

There is a procedure to reset it by resetting the A and B trip comps with so many seconds of each other but I've forgotten it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't forget that the Average MPH is since it was last reset which is often - never.

There is a procedure to reset it by resetting the A and B trip comps with so many seconds of each other but I've forgotten it.
this sounds like it could be my downfall. I'm getting like 19mph wherever I go, I can assure you this is incorrect ;)

I will consult the manual on how to reset both counters, as I must admit I have only reset one as I assumed it would do all counts pertaining to each trip (A or B)

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
this sounds like it could be my downfall. I'm getting like 19mph wherever I go, I can assure you this is incorrect ;)

I will consult the manual on how to reset both counters, as I must admit I have only reset one as I assumed it would do all counts pertaining to each trip (A or B)

To reset hold the SEL RESET Button for a few seconds until it resets, press it once to go to B or A modes and reset the other one.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Don't forget the average speed is the correct speed, while your actual speedo will over read by 5-10%.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts