2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

As subj. says I'm looking for a way to change the display for fuel consumption from the analog bar-gauge to digital numbers!
So if anyone has any knowledge of how to change the style of the display, please let me know.

Thanks,
BL.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I don't think the left hand drive car is fitted with that option, I thought it was only us righties that had the button on the right to change from imperial to metric.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
No, he means from a bar graph, to a real-time numerical view, similar to that on VAG cars.

You can't as far as I know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, Basegreen.

My old car showed the consumption as a realtime digital number and I don't think the bar-meter fits the "theme" of the rest of the info all being digital.
Besides that, I think the bar is unprecise and makes it harder to see exactly how much it is consuming while driving.

-BL

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Agreed. It's just not exact enough. I would imagine a software upgrade could enable this.

I think it was not done because:

There's two trip figures which give more or less realtime cumulative totals.

There's the ECO lights.

Bar graphs look cool

:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah.. they gave us the ECO-lights alright, but I almost always forget to look at them (either that or I drive too sporty for them to light up :D)
But I would rather have had both the analog and digital option. They could have put it on the select-button as alternate view or even show them both at the same time.

-BL

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
BL said:
Yeah.. they gave us the ECO-lights alright, but I almost always forget to look at them (either that or I drive too sporty for them to light up :D)
But I would rather have had both the analog and digital option. They could have put it on the select-button as alternate view or even show them both at the same time.

-BL
Agreed. Sometimes the realtime figure moves a lot, and dont mean too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts