2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A for sale post I made back in 2008 (using a different username) unfortunately comes up as the first hit on a google search and I'm still having emails and even phone calls about it. Could it be deleted as it's a bit pointless still being on the forum 8 years on?

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
A for sale post I made back in 2008 (using a different username) unfortunately comes up as the first hit on a google search and I'm still having emails and even phone calls about it. Could it be deleted as it's a bit pointless still being on the forum 8 years on?
Can you pm me your old username and what the thread was, I'll look into it for you

·
Super Moderator
21,040 Posts
I suppose we have to leave classifieds archive still viewable?

If they read the whole thread they should realise it's sold or not wanted anymore :roll:

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,676 Posts
I suppose we have to leave classifieds archive still viewable?

If they read the whole thread they should realise it's sold or not wanted anymore :roll:
Hmm, how about changing the title to SOLD etc to stop it coming up on a Google search

·
Super Moderator
21,040 Posts
We could introduce a new hidden section and archive old 'classified archived' into that.

Time limit?

or

Can Google return results from the supporters section? I'm sure it can't. If not I'll see what settings that has and duplicate them.
It will mean that only supporters can see inside the archive which shouldn't be a problem.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I would think a time limit would be best of something like 90 days after archived as I see no reason to hold on to the old thread as clearly any issues with the sale will be known about within 90 days

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Any more feedback ?
I would prefer to keep the old ad's, for reference. Spec's, mileage, price, mod's at the time are all useful info.

At work I seem to be constantly quiz'd by auditors for evidence. I guess this is rubbing off in reality :(

Updating the title to sold whilst Mod's close it off sounds like the easiest and clearest option.

Sounds like something needs to be done tho to avoid confusion.

·
Super Moderator
21,040 Posts
In the back of my mind is the task of moving all those archived posts into another section. There is no quick method but having to put a tick against each thread, page by page then using a move function.
The monthly move from FS&W to archive to just keep a rolling 3 months takes a while.

I'm leaning towards making the archive supporters only which should exclude it from Google but will allow supporters to search it.
Being as part of the trading process requires supporters then it seems a safe move.

·
Super Moderator
21,040 Posts
I've set the classified archive section to not be viewable or searchable by non registered or logged on users. It previously was.

That should, hopefully, stop Google and the others getting in.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Just seen this and agree with what has been done by Kremmen.

You really do need the old threads to live on then members selling and buying for that matter can see what is the going rate for something, it's very useful being able to see what the agreed price on something that has sold was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts