2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I'm currently doing a little project on my Gen 9 civic. I'm planning on facelifting it and then finishing it off with a body kit. However, i cannot find a definitive answer anywhere as to whether you can facelift your own Civic 9 hatch.

I much prefer the front end and rear bumper on the facelift and would like to fit my own. All the fittings seem to be the same but I've seen a few people say that the rear bumper is/isn't compatible etc... and that the front end is completely incompatible due to different fittings and the different headlight wiring? Seems to be some massively disparaged answers.

If anyone could help me answer this question I would very much appreciate it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've asked the same thing before and not had much of a response. But it certainly seems like a load of work. Given the way the DRL's are built in to the headlights on the facelifts it would certainly indicate that modifying the wiring is necessary. It's the same script with the back too, technically the lights would fit, but you would need the loom for the back lights.

Unsure on the bumper, A straight swap a facelift bumper should be possible but it would be best to compare the two types, try looking for examples on eBay and compare.

Somebody I follow on Instagram has actually managed to get a Type-R spoiler fitted to their pre-facelift civic. Looks okay too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've asked the same thing before and not had much of a response. But it certainly seems like a load of work. Given the way the DRL's are built in to the headlights on the facelifts it would certainly indicate that modifying the wiring is necessary. It's the same script with the back too, technically the lights would fit, but you would need the loom for the back lights.

Unsure on the bumper, A straight swap a facelift bumper should be possible but it would be best to compare the two types, try looking for examples on eBay and compare.

Somebody I follow on Instagram has actually managed to get a Type-R spoiler fitted to their pre-facelift civic. Looks okay too.
I am happy with the front end requiring a bit of requiring for the DRLs in the headlights but in terms of the back I'm purely looking for the aesthetics. I understand there are parking sensors but I'm not interested in having them working. I've also bought some facelift rear light assemblies so I'll let you know if they fit on just fine without any modification.:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
It is possible, but you need to replace almost all the parts. The headlights/rear lights are different, so are all the other parts like bumper itself, center grill, fog lights and grills.

Many parts are sold on ebay. I facelifted mine facelift civic to type r

Good luck and have fun on your journey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is possible, but you need to replace almost all the parts. The headlights/rear lights are different, so are all the other parts like bumper itself, center grill, fog lights and grills.

Many parts are sold on ebay. I facelifted mine facelift civic to type r

Good luck and have fun on your journey
The fitment on the rear bumper looks the same and so does the rear light assemblies. I've bought some on eBay and I'll see if they fit and if not I'll just go to the pub and drink myself silly. I don't see why they'd change the attachment points for the rear bumper at least.

I might have to be the first to really try this and I'll post my results for anyone interested in facelifting their own.

This picture looks like a pre-facelift Civic 9 hatch with the facelift bumper installed. I might have to send this guy a message and ask.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The fitment for the back bumper should be the same, the same for the rear lights, but the wiring for the rear lights will be totally different. Which is a shame because bright red lights on a dark blue car stick out like a sore thumb, I'd love them to be darker but tinting them is impossible with wrap and apparently tinting spray is ********.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fitment for the back bumper should be the same, the same for the rear lights, but the wiring for the rear lights will be totally different. Which is a shame because bright red lights on a dark blue car stick out like a sore thumb, I'd love them to be darker but tinting them is impossible with wrap and apparently tinting spray is ****.
I've just recently replaced all the rear lights with the facelift version. They are plug and play as mentioned except you've just gotta sort of rip up your interior and make sure it fits back together again. Totally transformed the look of my car.
Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello guys,
I'm currently doing a little project on my Gen 9 civic. I'm planning on facelifting it and then finishing it off with a body kit. However, i cannot find a definitive answer anywhere as to whether you can facelift your own Civic 9 hatch.

I much prefer the front end and rear bumper on the facelift and would like to fit my own. All the fittings seem to be the same but I've seen a few people say that the rear bumper is/isn't compatible etc... and that the front end is completely incompatible due to different fittings and the different headlight wiring? Seems to be some massively disparaged answers.

If anyone could help me answer this question I would very much appreciate it.
update for anyone who is interested, I changed the rear lights on the civic and they all fit nicely with no changes to wiring or fittings. If anyone needs more info how to do this just send me a message :) I'm going to be replaxing the rear bumper soon after I get it resprayed.

i bought myself a facelift rear bumper with splitter but in Race blue. I'm calling it the Civic Buttlift as I've really warmed up to the front end's look.

·
Registered
2012 EX GT 2.2
7 Posts
update for anyone who is interested, I changed the rear lights on the civic and they all fit nicely with no changes to wiring or fittings. If anyone needs more info how to do this just send me a message :) I'm going to be replaxing the rear bumper soon after I get it resprayed.

i bought myself a facelift rear bumper with splitter but in Race blue. I'm calling it the Civic Buttlift as I've really warmed up to the front end's look.
Look forward to this, as that is next on my list

1 - 11 of 11 Posts