2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been accepted finance on a 9th gen brand new 1.6 diese:cool:l.me i partner decided to take the plunge as we liked its looks and thought it drove like a petrol. we've traded in are 8th gen type s as the clutch was going and my girlfriend needs a car to commute to her work and the civ is amazing on fuel. but much to my horror not everyone on here shares are view on the new civ :confused:. sooo some comments on how great it is would be much appreciated .
cheers barry

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Many on here, think that the previous Civic was such a hard act to follow.
It was such a giant leap for Honda with its design.
That said - the 9th seems to have better looking interior plastics etc.
Many think that the rear lights are just too over the top and have slammed it for that reason only.
It's a Honda, so although you will read about many having troubles with their 8th generation, I didn't from the day I bought it new, to the day I sold it.
The two of you like it and that's what matters, not what others think.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
It's only the rear end i don't like ! Oh & the grey plastic arches & skirts on them !

:TTurbo: THE BEAST :TTurbo:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Many on here, think that the previous Civic was such a hard act to follow.
It was such a giant leap for Honda with its design.
That said - the 9th seems to have better looking interior plastics etc.
Many think that the rear lights are just too over the top and have slammed it for that reason only.
It's a Honda, so although you will read about many having troubles with their 8th generation, I didn't from the day I bought it new, to the day I sold it.
The two of you like it and that's what matters, not what others think.
your absolutely right,we went for it as my initial look at it in real life i thought it looked good. i think its gona be a love it or hate it type of car. if i remember correctly the looks of the 8th gen was slated , by my missus included.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
your absolutely right,we went for it as my initial look at it in real life i thought it look good. i think its gona be a love it or hate it type of car. if i remember correctly the looks of the 8th gen was slated , by my missus included.
Doesn't this apply to every new car and make that comes on the market.
Everyone has their own opinion about anything going.
I can remember the time when Japanese cars were first sold in the UK.
Folk disliked them because the manufacturers thought if it looked American, with loads of chrome and daft great rear lights for no reason, Europe would like them too. They soon learned.
Go for it my Friend.;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 1.6 is a astounding engine i couldn't believe how they've made a 1.6 feel so quick. i guess it boils down to what your looking for in a car.we were after something that was good on fuel but still can be fun to drive .
thanks for all comments

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
That will be £5 please, when you have the car, so you can become a fully paid up member of Civinfo , which will get you into the private section and a sticker for the car.:cool:.
It's optional of course, but the site is not profit making and it helps with the running costs.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I have the 2.2 but from what I've read, this new 1.6 really is a fantastic compromise between power and economy.
As regards the car itself, you will not be disappointed.
Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
You will love it and remember....many that pass comment have not even seen one in real life let alone say in/driven one!

Pictures do not do them justice... And I don't get the fuss about the rear lights either. Ok the styling may not be to everyone's taste, but even the 8g lights look a bit cheap.

After you get it, try and get a ride in a 8g... Then you will know you made the right choice :)

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
I've been in one driven one & still don't like the back end but that's my own personal opinion the op has asked for opinions which I have :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Remember - it's only those that don't have one who post negative comments. It's mostly 8G owners trying to make some kind of a point in reaction to all the people saying how much better the 9G is in all respects. Mine is the best car I've ever owned and it comes with so many gadgets as standard. You won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Remember - it's only those that don't have one who post negative comments. It's mostly 8G owners trying to make some kind of a point in reaction to all the people saying how much better the 9G is in all respects. Mine is the best car I've ever owned and it comes with so many gadgets as standard. You won't be disappointed.
It's not negative it's an opinion & my opinion only not slating just my opinion just because I say I don't like the backend its because i have an 8g & don't own one I'm a hater !! Don't think so !!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Don't worry.
It's a great car and I am one of the owners that like the styling.
There will be chance to style it greatly in the future I'm sure, especially when the type r comes out with perfect fit new body kit :)
There's already a aftermarket catback dual exhaust available.
Very cool :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's not negative it's an opinion & my opinion only not slating just my opinion just because I say I don't like the backend its because i have an 8g & don't own one I'm a hater !! Don't think so !!!

I just don't understand why you felt the need to share your opinion! The OP asked for some positive feedback from those that own them and you chipped in with your negative comment about the rear end being a let down. I don't understand the mentality of somebody contributing in an owner's forum about a car they don't own.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
I just don't understand why you felt the need to share your opinion! The OP asked for some positive feedback from those that own them and you chipped in with your negative comment about the rear end being a let down. I don't understand the mentality of somebody contributing in an owner's forum about a car they don't own.
He asked i gave it if you don't like it tough luck wasn't talking to you pal !! It was an opinion or do you not understand !!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.