2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read somwhere on here that the group n map sets the AF ratio to 10.1:1 and its was said that this would wash the bores/cylinders with fuel. Is this correct ?

·
Registered
639 Posts
If you hold back on the throttle it isn`t such a problem because in closed loop the afr usually hover around 14.7-13.3 : 1 or so.
Everytime you cane it you will get into open loop and the engine is flooded with excess fuel.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you hold back on the throttle it isn`t such a problem because in closed loop the afr usually hover around 14.7-13.3 : 1 or so.
Everytime you cane it you will get into open loop and the engine is flooded with excess fuel.
So what would be the best thing to do ? get a custom map ?

·
Registered
639 Posts
You will notice that the car will drive so much better with a custom tune.

Besides that, spending good money on an expensive flashpro and then running around on a basemap doesn`t make much sense is it?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, Just been a Run with the datalogger and the lowest AFR I got was 12.7:1. (@WOT) Is the likely to wash the cylinders and burn piston ect.?

(sorry for being a Noob, New to all this open/closed loop stuff)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I was just going to say, I ran the HKS RSK and a Magnex Catback on the Group N map for about a month and it hasn't affected my car in any way.

Hondata used to produce a replacement ECU that just had the Group N map on it, called the Hondata Group N ECU strangely enough. Lots of people used to run that before the Flashpro came out without many issues.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will be a lot happier after you get a tune. The base maps are not great at all.
Waiting on the tegiwa mani fold (need funds). If i fit it will i be able to drive to tdi north ? (250mi)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I run the Hondata Group N with Milltek catback and k&N intake. I've spoken to a lot of people about it and 99% have told me there is nothing to worry about. Would like a flashpro but its all money :(

Reactions: Jenga_89

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
According to TDI, running the HKS RSK without flashpro and on the flashpro base map (group N) is fine. There shouldnt be any problems.

However, if you do want that extra piece of mind PM one of the "internet" tuners like civicRSA and he can tune your map for a smaller price.

The debate on what tune i better is ongoing and in my opinion its all down to personal preference.

Then once you save the money for the manifold + tune go to TDi North to get the car on the rollers.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
I saw four unmapped FN2's and one DC5 running in the 9 mark at WOT this weekend.

Manufacturers deliberately run it rich for safety. so no your not washing the cylinders.

Dont forget before you start trusting your O2 sensor check it is accurate as there are some dodgy stock 02 sensors around. Most reliable way to check it is get it on a dyno with an accurate o2 sensor.

Ive also seen unmapped FN2's with a SRI having loads of false knock due to increase in IAT and in turn having loads of knock retard.

Get a custom map otherwise your losing power.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I always thought 10:1 was thought of as the point of borewash occurring. I suppose it depends on the engine etc

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
I always thought 10:1 was thought of as the point of borewash occurring. I suppose it depends on the engine etc
Suppose the external o2 sensor may have been wrong? They were definetly running around 9

1 - 20 of 23 Posts