2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2.2 2012 Civic for about a month now and have been looking through the Service History, and in light of my recent Timing Chain query I've been thinking about it's next servicing.

It's currently on 139K miles, and the last service was at 135K, by the booklet.

The next scheduled stamp is for 137.5K, but the prior stamp for 125K was done at 135K.

Would it be a waste to get it serviced again now, just 4K after the last? Would it be best to get it serviced now so as to start fresh?

It's last three services were:

November 2018 - 135K [Full Service]
July 2018 - 119K [Intermediate Service]
Feb 2018 - 106K [Full Service]

Not having owned a Honda before now, I'm not sure how temperamental they are, so I'll appeal to the wiser audience! I'm inclined to just take it it for another Full Service at a local garage. Or does anyone know anyone in Lincolnshire they can recommend?

·
3,998 Posts
Would it be a waste to get it serviced again now, just 4K after the last? Would it be best to get it serviced now so as to start fresh?
Yes and No respectively. The oil that was put in at 135k will not have 'worn out' in only 4k out of its 12.5k 'life'. It was the 16k old oil that was drained at 135 that would have been the suspect oil.:smile3:
But if you want to waste your hard earned, go ahead anyway and get the timing chain changed at the same time while you are at it.>:)

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
The services show quite a few 10k+ miles in just a few months, although if they're km's then that's fine.

As it's had a full service just 4k miles ago then wait until it's clocked up to the next service mark, 145k miles or or 151k km's ish

The 2.2 is pretty dependable and shouldn't hit you with any nasty surprises.

It'll really benefit from regular service intervals, as per manual.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'd want to get it serviced now so that it's back on track!

I'd agree it's far from ideal that it had 16K between services. Other than that it's had immaculate servicing. I can't speak for previous owner negligence!

The next service mark in the book is 137,500, then 150,000 miles. Seeing as it's now at ~139000, I either play catch up, or wait until 150 - at least if I'm going by the books reccs.

It's had heavy use in the couple of years before I took over ownership, and I'll likely be doing considerably less miles in my time too.

I think to be safe I'll just take it in for a service soonish. Then get it done at the same time as the MOT next year (May 2020).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well I'd want to get it serviced now so that it's back on track!

I'd agree it's far from ideal that it had 16K between services. Other than that it's had immaculate servicing. I can't speak for previous owner negligence!

The next service mark in the book is 137,500, then 150,000 miles. Seeing as it's now at ~139000, I either play catch up, or wait until 150 - at least if I'm going by the books reccs.

It's had heavy use in the couple of years before I took over ownership, and I'll likely be doing considerably less miles in my time too.

I think to be safe I'll just take it in for a service soonish. Then get it done at the same time as the MOT next year (May 2020).
You'd be best off getting it serviced for the peace of mind. Mine was done immediately after service in January. I'm already planning its next full service after only 4k. It's your car do whatever makes you happy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can’t tell if you’re all taking the mick! :grin2: And what do you mean by you serviced it immediately after its service, He_Who_Is_T?

I think I’ll get it serviced. I was open to leaving it but unfortunately noones swayed me to save £200! :wink3:

·
Registered
160 Posts
It got a service just before I bought it. However I got it home and had it serviced again immediately. Since then I've been doing things myself but it's next service will be done by a very reliable garage owned by a friend.

Till then I'm doing jobs I can't find any history of such as gearbox and clutch fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts