2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Dilemma time :facepalm: I currently have an HKS rsk induction and Flash Pro and have been using a very helpful guy (Paul) on here with etuning. Now my question is......should I just go with a full remap from say TDI North which is £350 and then that would be it done, or continue with the etuning which I have been doing now for approx 3 months.

The reason it's taking this long is due to me not having the time to go out and spend 45 mins or so in the car doing the various things required for the mapping, plus there's not many places to go where you can hit the rev limiter etc where I am and also I'm spending a fair whack on fuel each time I do it.

Now....as i only have the HKS, would I see much in the way of gains? I know people will say your best getting a manifold and cat back before a remap but I'm 34 and don't want to have the car screaming at me when I put the foot down! ;)

TDI is 220 miles away from me so I'd be looking at £350 for the remap, approx £70 for fuel and I'd have to have a full day free, i.e. leaving at 6am!

What you guys think is the best option?

Opinions very welcome! :popcorn2:

Cheers

Ali.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Hi mate,

In my opinion it's not worth going for "another" remap unless you get a race manifold.

You'll obviously see a great gain with a dyno map from TDI, but maybe get a few more supporting mods first? and make it a worthwhile trip?

Also you can get a manifold and either keep the standard exhaust or maybe get a quiet exhaust and it won't be that loud.

My opinion mate :)

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank, I'm still in the middle of the current remap using etuning, so it wouldn't be another remap as such, it would be a full and finished one. Cheers for your opinion though ;)

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
tbh mate i though that for an etune you just needed 1 run in 3rd gear from 2000rpm to redline?

I am probably wrong though.

To save time, effort and money i would defo go for a dyno tune from TDI if i was in your shoes.

Not taking anything away from eTunes... i think it's amazing how they can map your car without even looking at it... but i also feel personally that a dyno tune is always accurate!

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Come on 34 get the pipe and slippers out!!
Seriously.
I can only echo what has been said before. Get the manifold an a catback. I have both Tegiwa. They are discreet under normal driving and loud under spirited driving. The perfect mix. There are louder options to this i think it sits nicely in the middle.
If you remap now saying that will do you I bet a year down the line youll be thinking more mods. I know I did!

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frank, there's a hell of a lot more than that!! I was very surprised at how many maps are needed but then it's prob cause Paul wants to get it right!

Foulsmell, cheers for that :p wait till you get to my age and see what you think! I know what you mean though, prob would want to change it down the line! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didnt think you had to do this much work when you get an etune. So how many runs are we taking to fully tune everything?
To be honest I don't know. I think there's still a few to go. I can't speak more highly of Paul though, nothing wrong with his tuning, just me taking ages to send him my maps.

I originally thought it would just be a few goes and that was it but there's much more to it. To be honest I'd just rather it was done now as work and family are taking over and time is not there anymore.

I am however starting to wonder if a mani and cat back are the way to go first! :confused:

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I wouldnt bother mapping it if your getting more mods in the next 6 months. *** some things are better to get mapped asap but its a waste of money imo.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
This is another for Triple H aka Henry Roy. As soon as my Mugen manifold and system tips up from japan and i get it fitted along with my spoon TB. I'll be at Henry's for a full remap- Did a pre enhancement rung discussed prices alot cheaper than a run to Manchester. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts