2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed recently that when the car is at idle and I put the window all the way up, there is a noticeable drop in revs and engine tone when it gets to the top.

Same happens if the window is closed and I try to close it again, revs drop and engine note changes, if the lights are on (both interior and exterior) then these dim too.

Is this normal? Or weak battery?

Oh yeah another thing, if auto lights are on and I start the car in the evening, the lights obviously come on with ignition so when the start button is pressed there are a few click sounds with the Xenons flashing repeatedly until the car starts. Is this normal too?
It's not a delayed start, just that second or two like normal but the flashing and clicking is the issue.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
have there have you checked to see if your battery terminals are tight? if not you can get a free battery and alternator check done at halfords, for peace of mind

Reactions: iMZee

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery terminals seem tight.

So I take it nobody else's xenons flash when starting the car?

I will go down to halfords to get a battery check done tomorrow

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine civic makes exactly the same things what you have described, both of the points.

The battery is less than a year old, so I don't think this is the problem.
The xenon also clicks when it is set to auto and then start the engine.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Could be a grounding problem, but get that batterie and altonator check done from halfords for free, Honda batteries are not the best when operating in the cold

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine civic makes exactly the same things what you have described, both of the points.

The battery is less than a year old, so I don't think this is the problem.
The xenon also clicks when it is set to auto and then start the engine.
This is exactly it. Good to hear that it's not just mine. I will get that check done anyway

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I bought my new battery, they check the whole electric system and nothing wrong was found.

Also I think the battery and the alternator are in good condition, because this winter was a cold one here and even after 4-5 days without driving at all the engine started as it shoud be.

However, it would be nice to share if you found out something wrong after your check.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
get a multimeter for few quid and measure the voltage. Battery should read 12.0 to 12.5 volts without keys in ignition and around 14+ volts which ignition on.

Reactions: CivicExBradford

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
get a multimeter for few quid and measure the voltage. Battery should read 12.0 to 12.5 volts without keys in ignition and around 14+ volts which ignition on.
Sounds like a multimeter is a good investment. I'll get one.

Reactions: Farqui

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just went out to check on my car, even without running motor and headlights neither the dash, interior lights nor the headlights dim when operating the motor windows, even two at the same time. When additionally adding seat heating on low on both there is a slight but noticeable dim, on high it is clearly noticeable. With the car running there's no noticeable change in revs. If the battery checks out I would back the idea of jaxckhan of maybe a grounding issue. I can't comment on the xenons as I have basic headlights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts