2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah i see. no problems.

could you help me with a few other questions. Did the 1.8 type s come with HIDS?

and can i fit the facelift grill to replace the middle cluster at the front?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
ah i see. no problems.

could you help me with a few other questions. Did the 1.8 type s come with HIDS?
Don't think so but not 100% on this
Yes, all the Civic 8G grills are interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
ah i see. no problems.

The easy way to tell is to check the bumper for headlamp washers, all cars with factory HIDS will have them so i would say that you do not, if that's what you are asking.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
A facelift Type S GT will have HIDS, the easy way to tell is to check the bumper for headlamp washers, all cars with factory HIDS will have them so i would say that you do not, if that's what you are asking.
Excellent thought. OP does not have HIDs fitted as there are no washers.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I thought my type s gt was a facelift model !!! It's a 59 plate fog lights , colour coded , glass roof and sports grill but not got hid's ? So do I have a facelift model or not ?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Hmm appears i may have been wrong about the HIDS on facelift Type S.
Sorry folks, will edit to try to remove confusion.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Hmm appears i may have been wrong about the HIDS on facelift Type S.
Sorry folks, will edit to try to remove confusion.
Lol thought the dealer told me a pack of lies lol was going to ring them tomorrow and say mines not facelift model as I was told lol.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Are the civic lights projector lights. If I fit HiDS, will they dazzle oncoming drivers?
I have fitted after market hid kit 4300k to keep stock colour and the builds were h7r they have a special shield which stops the dazzle some one may correct me if I'm wrong

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Frood Dood
1,544 Posts
H7R bulbs are fine - the same reflector housings are used in the Honda HIDs.

They are, however, illegal.
Aftermarket HIDs - Civinfo Wiki
Unless you get all the autolevelling unit and washer units installed - or change them before your MOT ;)

Seems a shame - they definately throw out a load more light and make driving at night a lot safer officer :police:

·
Frood Dood
1,544 Posts
This might help as well JJ

2009 Civic facelift - Civinfo Wiki

Have a look in the armrest - there should be some usb connectors in addition to the other bits mentioned above.

There are a few options for replacing the grill, www.coxmotorparts.co.uk - few on there. If you look in mine or Syx's mod thread at the bottom of our signatures you can see them on the cars

If he has sold you it as a facelift model then its a bit naughty - I'm sure if he chucks in some fog lights, gp kit and some colour coding you could reach some agreement ;)

Good luck

K

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol no it wasn't sold as a facelift I sort of just assumed as its an 09 plate. I'm not too bothered as I completely fell in love with the car when I first drove it. Lol. Is it easy to retrofit aux in or iPod connection? Anybody had quotes to colour code the trim? I'm just curious...

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Unless you get all the autolevelling unit and washer units installed - or change them before your MOT ;)

Seems a shame - they definately throw out a load more light and make driving at night a lot safer officer :police:
In the wiki page I linked to are the current regulations - only washers are needed and not self-levelling. You will however pass an MOT without them until the testing guidelines are updated.

It's a shame as misadjusted HIDs annoy me; mainly due to their blinding effect! If I can make an effort to adjust mine so they don't blind oncoming drivers I would expect the same from others... too much to hope for though obviously.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts