2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title really.

Still trying to decide on model years, I believe that the sub is not fitted to any facelift cars?

I like a sub, but would prefer a 'factory' car.
I know its not going to be as beefy as an aftermarket setup, but if it saves me pulling the interior apart and running extra wires it might be worth having :)

So is the stock subwoofer any good, or can you not notice its there?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I think about it, I guess someone is only going to know by comparing 2 cars, with and without subs :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My car is a MY14, so not a facelift version, and has the Premium sound system which has the subwoofer. It gives a nice tone to the music, but wouldn't give a big, booming bass sound at normal volumes. Occasionally ***** will come on my iPod when you can really hear the bass (don't judge my music) but the rest of the time you would hardly know it's there at all.

I haven't been in a Civic without the sub, so can't really compare one with the other. I have had a few hire cars which didn't have a sub but seemed to have more bass (Astra GTC springs to mind).

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
Not just me then. When I first got it I even opened the hatch with music playing and I still couldn't hear it booming away.

I wouldn't choose between a 14 or 15 based on the subwoofer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also find if you tune the balance for the front lower, and increase the overall volume, the sound from the subwoofer is a little better.

Let’s say:
Front: volume 5
Rear: volume 8
Subwoofer: volume 10

Then the overall volume set to a lot higher than usual..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts