2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be blind but I'm searching and coming up with old guides saying the old stereo had to be kept etc.

Im looking for definitive guides for:
Double din install and reverse camera install.

Can someone help please ??

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I've got a project log for just this, reversing camera guide should be up within the next few days but I do have a complete head unit install guide, along with the small issues I encountered on the way and how I solved them.

See here.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a project log for just this, reversing camera guide should be up within the next few days but I do have a complete head unit install guide, along with the small issues I encountered on the way and how I solved them.

See here.
This sounds good mate :) I'd like to be armed with as much info as possible before I order everything and get to work ;)

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
This sounds good mate :) I'd like to be armed with as much info as possible before I order everything and get to work ;)
No problem.

If you have any questions, or need pictures of something just let me know.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
ive had the dash out twice now, and could imagine if it was possible for me to put a double dinn in mine, it could be done within an hour

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem.

If you have any questions, or need pictures of something just let me know.
Cool mate :)

I'll keep an eye out for the camera guide coming up on the forum ;)

Do you have any plans to upload the head unit install guide ?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Cool mate :)

I'll keep an eye out for the camera guide coming up on the forum ;)

Do you have any plans to upload the head unit install guide ?
Yes it's on my thread, post #13. I also have a few pictures of the fascia and wiring out of the car, think that's post #8.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I'll try and keep it brief.

Undo clip the side trim panel by the driver door and remove.
Undo the screw.
Unclip the trim that covers the steering column.
Unclip the trim by the clock (this one is a right ****er to get out, so take your time)

Remove the 4 bolts holding down the centre console, they have plastic covers on them.
Lift it slightly; unclip the power connector for the cig lighter.
Then lift the centre console out. It can be tricky, push the gear stick out of the way and pull the handbrake all the way up.

Undo the push pins and clip holding in the gear stick surround trim, and pull it back towards you. When you have some space to get your hands in, pull off the silver trim around the gearstick (this gives you more manoeuvering space).
Remove this trim piece.

You're now left with the radio - there are bolts (2) underneath and screws on the top. Undo these and it just pulls out.
Undo connectors and remove radio.

Connect up the wiring loom to the car connectors.
Install the new fasica panel.
Connect up the radio connectors to the loom through the fascia (make sure all the wires go through the fascia hole...) and route the cables for the reverse camera down the back of the unit so they are accessible underneath.

Install the radio into the fasica once all is connected up. Depending on what radio you've got, it can be a bit tight!

Install the reverse camera - not sure on this one myself as I've not done it but I do remember seeing a guide here.

Once done and you've tested the radio, fit the trim panels back in reverse order.

If you get stuck drop me a PM mate I'll try and answer any and all questions - I needed help to install mine and so am more than willing to help out anyone that needs it :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good video is here. Like Syx said, panel near clock is big pain.

And for center console, there is 4 bolts under plastic, but there is also 1 clip down far away. Dont miss it, or you will push it out not knowing there is one holding console. I think that also on this video, guy did mot mention that clip. Or it is here only on LHD cars like mine

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Good video is here. Like Syx said, panel near clock is big pain.

And for center console, there is 4 bolts under plastic, but there is also 1 clip down far away. Dont miss it, or you will push it out not knowing there is one holding console. I think that also on this video, guy did mot mention that clip. Or it is here only on LHD cars like mine

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8CEji94jqK4
Not seen a clip on the RHD, and I've had a few apart now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hehe, that is the reason why I almost made mess in my car. I watched video and removed those 4 bolts, but its not coming out. Went with my head down under, near gas pedal, there is a standard push clip. So for LHD 4 bolts and 1 clip for center console under radio....

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
literally just done mine tonight... if you pm me will give you my number and can talk you through it over phone?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Where in stoke are you fella could give you a hand if you wanted did mine a few months back full Sony double din with satnav
all good fella

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Hehe, that is the reason why I almost made mess in my car. I watched video and removed those 4 bolts, but its not coming out. Went with my head down under, near gas pedal, there is a standard push clip. So for LHD 4 bolts and 1 clip for center console under radio....
For the centre section with the arm rest, there are just the 4 bolts.
For the piece in front of that (where the gear stick is) there are two push pins on the left of the car, and one push clip on the right by the footrest.
I guess it's that push clip, when mirrored, would be by your gas pedal!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the offers guys :) I may just give you a shout once I get my shopping list sorted and ordered :) it'd be much easier and quicker if there weren't so many options lol

I live at the top of Chell, just off biddulph road :)

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
For the panel by the clock get a credit card under and then a spatula under the card. Works a treat. Can have the dash out in 5-10 mins once your used to it all. Just don't bust anything ! Haha. I'm a little far away but I would mind helping if you wouldn't mind driving.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Thanks for the offers guys :) I may just give you a shout once I get my shopping list sorted and ordered :) it'd be much easier and quicker if there weren't so many options lol

I live at the top of Chell, just off biddulph road :)
Follow the link below its what I used, i know its for an xcarlink but it basically shows you in great depth how to undo and get into everything.

I say have a go, if you get stuck give us a shout I only live in stoke I could be at your house in 10 mins, or if you dont fancy doing it yourself i could pop up and give you a hand anyways.

Dont mind either way fella

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attach...008-civic-ex-xcarlink-honda-civic-install.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After reading the inks and watching the video posted up it looks like a pretty straight forward job to remove the stereo.

I'm going start ordering bits today once I decide which fascia kit to order :)

Cheers for all the replies, it's really appreciated :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts