2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of part exchanging my car for a Lexus GS450h and Lexus have offered me circa 5k trade in value. I think that's a bit low and so I think I have three options and wanted your opinions.

Options are:

1. Try selling a modded car privately
2. Strip car and sell car and mods seperately
3. Strip car and trade in

I think my order of preference is option 1, followed by 3 and then 2. Do you guys think there is a market for modded cars and what would you price one with the following info:

-Mileage: 65k

-Full service history (I bought used approved at 22k and some owning all servicing done by Eight Speed, always using Fuchs Titon pro)

-FRSU

-Power mods (all done by Tdi North) include hks rsk + heat shield, rrc, tegiwa manifold, toda cat back, stage 1 tdi cams.

p.s. I know I know, the gs and fn, two cars from different worlds but 3.5 v6, 0-60 under 6secs and 35+mpg ( but who cares about that)

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
that's pretty much what Honda offered me (sic!) so the market is pretty low and depreciation is high. (and my car is 54k, FSH, 1 prev owner)
I think I am going to MOT the car (running out in Oct), polish it and sell privately to save some monies. Trade in will hurt. i decided to do FRSU but that's about it, maybe a set of wheels and sell it later on. I might even keep it and extend the warranty further with Honda.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Noooooooo!

Honestly the markets so crap at the moment you could get more money actually breaking the car and selling all the parts seperatly!

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I bet you could get between £2-2.5k for your power mods if striped and sold.

And Er I'll have your cams. Lol.

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Just traded mine in (yesterday) 2009 35k miles, rages, gp kit, mugen spoiler, hks rsk, milltek, cams, flash pro and map... £8,500

Got raped, but couldn't be arsed with the hassle lol.

If you have the time and patience definitely strip it first!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts