2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What options do have that option? None???!!!

DENSION ICELINK PLUS
CONNECTS2
DSS

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
im looking into doing it now but nothing shows the text im afraid.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Im in the middle of deciding which one to go for. Its looking like the Dension setup though. But Dice also do it.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I think that the ****** CD charger doesn't even support mp3 CDs.:mad:

No I don´t think the changer does.
The single in the Head Units does though.

I find that the number of mp3s on a disc is fine.

A big HDD would have been nice though..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I don´t think the changer does.
The single in the Head Units does though.

I find that the number of mp3s on a disc is fine.

A big HDD would have been nice though..

I agree. Anyway it's much better a flash memory based mass storage than a HDD itself though the capacity is much less but it's enough.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nobody seems to have worked out how to use to NAV screen :(
I think that the best and only option to play music showing MP3 names on screen is use a FM TRANSMITTER. You only need to give power, connect your iPod or USB mp3 player and tune. The names will be shown in the screen through RDS as the name of the radio station. :)

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I think that the best and only option to play music showing MP3 names on screen is use a FM TRANSMITTER. You only need to give power, connect your iPod or USB mp3 player and tune. The names will be shown in the screen through RDS as the name of the radio station. :)
Yes but FM quality is rubbish and in built up areas you may have to keep changing the FM transmission frequency.

You are better off going for a Dension or a DICE. DICE is more cost effective if you have the EX model as it ships with the Y splitter cable that is required.

My DICE install
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-...uch-input-solution-diagrams-2.html#post125414

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes but FM quality is rubbish and in built up areas you may have to keep changing the FM transmission frequency.

You are better off going for a Dension or a DICE. DICE is more cost effective if you have the EX model as it ships with the Y splitter cable that is required.

My DICE install
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-...uch-input-solution-diagrams-2.html#post125414

Does DICE work in the same way without the navigator?? Does it show mp3 names on the navigator screen?!
I will have the EXECUTIVE version without navigator.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Does DICE work in the same way without the navigator?? Does it show mp3 names on the navigator screen?!
I will have the EXECUTIVE version without navigator.
One more time:
There are no 3rd party or OEM iPod set ups that show the MP3 information on any of the Civic displays.

The only thing that shows MP3 information is if you burn MP3's to a CD.
:eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One more time:
There are no 3rd party or OEM iPod set ups that show the MP3 information on any of the Civic displays.

The only thing that shows MP3 information is if you burn MP3's to a CD.
:eek:

Please, relax!
As is shown in this picture, no information is shown with an iPod but play/stop and volume level. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts