2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through my user manual and searched the wiki etc.. but it appears that there's no way to actually be able to tell who's calling when the phone is connected to the HFT.. apart from looking at the phone? Is this true?

I keep my phone at present in the armrest, because I have it connected to the usb for the music.. so can't be looking in there when I'm driving.. and if I mount my phone somewhere visible, the cable will be all over the shop?!

Is there really no way for the HFT to tell me who's calling?

Frankie.x

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the phonebook bit I don't mind because I will only need to store between 5 and 10 numbers in it and it takes moments to do that for each name. It's just a pain what with also using the phone for music in the USB socket (I have an iPhone so music and phone is literally all used in the same device!

I was thinking of maybe just buying a cheap USB drive for the music... that way I'll only have to put my phone in the armrest when I want to charge it?

Frankie.x

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I'm sure the number comes up in the little display on the dash, but not the name if it's in your contacts..

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Frankie, there really is no way to see who's calling unless you have the phone somewhere visible.
I thought so. Oh well!!

I'm sure the number comes up in the little display on the dash, but not the name if it's in your contacts..
No it hasn't so far, unless I've got a setting wrong. All I get is a nice lady telling me "You have an incoming call"

Mind you, I guess I could set that to use ringtone instead and assign special individual ringtones for my contacts.. Does anyone know if the 'ringtone' setting would use the same ringtone as the phone, or a standard one through the HFT?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
No sorry frankie you are correct, it doesn't. I just popped out to check, it just says TEL in the display. I hate this HFT so poorly designed, and to think Japan supposed to be at the cutting edge of technology, my £50 bluetooth stereo bought from Argos out performs it in every way, call Id, Bluetooth audio streaming all work great, but HFT........nada

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Oh forgot, no the ringtone is just a standard phone ring, it doesnt use the 1 assigned to your contacts

·
Registered
132 Posts
i just have the woman saying..."you have an incoming call"

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the HFT on my EX and tbh I'm not fussed about it having a display. It answers and ends calls which is enough for me.

I have the standard ring when I get an incoming call.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
.... Not sure whether you guys are talking about the sat nav HFT or the add on HFT but I have the MY09 satnav/hft and I quite easily copied my phone book to the car and can scroll through the phonebook on the satnav screen. All accessed via the "info" button. Also when a call is outgoing or incoming, the phone number is displayed on the screen in the centre of the rev counter on the dash.

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aw fab! If that's the case I'll be soooo happy! I have sat nav hft on my 09, and haven't found that yet! Will persevere!

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
It's really simple mate: once phone is paired, press info button on dash at any time. Then enter mobile phonebook and follow onscreen instructions. Hope that helps

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
I never knew I could have the woman's voice prompting me of an incoming call... Just changed it... Nice!

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Hi frankie.
Strange that, as when we get a call on our HFT the number comes up every time. Not sure what the problem is matie. Sounds like a dealer visit, hope yu get it sorted.

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To be honest, I've not played with it too much yet, just done the pairing, added a contact or two via the voice commands.. Will press the info button once I get out of the ice rink and see what happens!!

Frankie.x

·
Stuck in the 80's
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's really simple mate: once phone is paired, press info button on dash at any time. Then enter mobile phonebook and follow onscreen instructions. Hope that helps
I've been pressing the info button but nothing happens.. my sat nav is non-operational at present though (no disc) - does the sat nav need to be working before it will do anything? Which screen do the 'on screen instructions' show up on?

Thanks for all your help! I'm sure it's soooo simple!

Frankie.x

1 - 20 of 20 Posts