2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for a Type R a lot lately and came across a good example. Its on a 10 plate with 30,000 miles. The dealer has an asking price of £11,300. Would you say this is fair price?

Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
Wouldn't say that's a bad price really for a 2 year old car. Haggle and you might get it under 11k ;)

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Theres a few 59 plates on autotrader with 23,000 miles odd, private sale for £9995, but I suppose it depends on what spec, colour etc your looking for.

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
worth a haggle mate, id be asking for a grand off that price.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am preferably looking for a silver R. Would a 10 plate likely have the LSD?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
For my 09 CW for 11600 from dealer with 29000 on the clock! So for that price you could possible get a lower mileage one

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
It isn't a bad price from a dealer...
But i've seen others on a 10 plate with less miles for the same money!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Bit worried with all your mileage comments :/. 30k is feck all, im on 44k (59 plate).
From what i've seen and i have scoured the market a lot lately. most dealer prices are based on year!
The mileage isn't a problem as the engines are bomb proof if looked after...
But as a potential buyer i would always look for a lower mileage car within a specific price range.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Wouldn't worry too much about the mileage. Engines don't loosen up for a good few thou anyhow.

��THE BITCH��
True!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Some people want something for nothing these days, no wonder the value of fn2's are on the floor.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats that supposed to mean? Since when did I say I would take them to the cleaners and demand £6000 off?

Some people want something for nothing these days, no wonder the value of fn2's are on the floor.

·
On the sofa
255 Posts
It doesn't sound overpriced, but there will always be a cheaper one out there. I looked at a number of cars and the difference in condition was quite condsiderable between them.

I found at around the 10k price there was a very wide discrepancy between age mileage and condition as dealers tried to hit the sweet spot of the price. Paying an extra £500-1000 I found a post 09 facelift car with half the mileage and the condition was immaculate.

Some of the dealer cars are shockingly prepared and quite tatty. Rattles, broken seat mechanisms and clueless salesmen spring to mind. One wouldn't let me take it over 5000 rpm as it was wet!

Be a little bit flexible with your budget, be prepared to look at a few and choose one in good condition that's been cared for.

On the plus side there is loads of choice as Type R's feature below average mpg and a relatively high VED band which makes them unpopular for the cost conscious motorist. Worth it when you discover VTEC though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As a guide I paid £9100 for my 59 plate with 24,000 miles on it 3 weeks ago

1 - 20 of 23 Posts