2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am a complete noobie, so forgive my slight naivity. Thinking of joining the world of civic ownership from VAG.
Seen a 2008 (58 reg) i-ctdi ex (Black) with 30,180 on the clock at my local Honda dealership. It doesn't have leather or the pan sunroof and is up for sale for £11,000.
This seems steep, so what should i be looking to pay for this year/mileage roughly?? Looked at the cars that A M Motors have for sale, but since reading the post on them on this site, i have been put off somewhat!!! Any help or advice would be most welcome !

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
I think the price is a bit "optimistic"... No leather or panoramic roof...

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
In October i paid £10.5k for a 58 TypeS GT (so does have pan sun roof, electric/automatic everything etc) with 26k on the clock from a Honda dealer (so comes with 1 year warrenty/mot etc). They also fitted an iphone connector, sub, mats and a tank of fuel!

So you should be able to knock that one down a fair way ;)

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks^^. I thought personally it should be in the region of £9500 - £10000 !!
We definitely pay more here in the south than 'oop norf' , !!. Has anyone had any recent success buying used from a Honda dealership, and was it an effort getting a discount??!! And how much??? Sorry for the 101 q+a's :(

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
We definitely pay more here in the south than 'oop norf' , !!. Has anyone had any recent success buying used from a Honda dealership, and was it an effort getting a discount??!! And how much??? Sorry for the 101 q+a's :(
despite what dealers say, cash is king, remember your in charge, if they start the hard sell, just tell them your away to look at something else.
my mate recently walked into a seat dealer to look at a leon cupra that they have had on the books for a month at 12k, put down 10.5k on the desk and said take it or leave it. job done.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers JakeyBoy!!
Have tried the various price valuation sites for a guide but even they vary wildly!!! Try £9500 on Parkers, £10000 on WhatCar & £9300 on another for the same reg !! Not consistent! And the majority of cars are almost invariably over-priced!!
Was thinking about trying to do the deal over the phone as most cars that fall within my budget seem to be a fair distance away from my home! (North Dorset), but i think your friends tactic of going to the dealer direct is probably more effective.
Been mostly using Autotrader as they seem to have the best range. Tried Motors.co.uk but dissapointing by comparison. Any other online sites or companies i should consider? Again, any advice or help will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can i just say i don't think I've ever met a more friendy and helpful bunch than you guys!! Cheers!!!

Reactions: gadgetman68

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I agree i live in Reading and when i was looking for my civic the equivalent from the Stealers was about 2000 more than from a "trader" and the trader was reputable aswell! i tried to barter with the dealer and tbf i am pretty hot with discounts and bartering but nothing tight as a ducks a**!

One will pop up though this site is amazing for cars in the for sale section!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.