2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoken to Honda Dealer today - brand new out of the box 58 Alabaster Silver Type R GT with 19" Rage Alloys £19,470 (£1200 off list price).

They have offered me £5,000 trade-in price for my immaculate 2002 (02) Type R which has 68,000 miles, one owner, full Honda Service History etc. etc.

I'm sure that I could push for free premium mats and badge / side stickers.

Anyone think that this is too good a deal to refuse? - bearing in mind the facelift is imminent (2009).

Are the ipod adaptor and red footwell lighting dealer fit options?

Possibly missed out on pay half and pay the rest over 1 year as I think this offer ends tonight.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Yes.

Be aware of the limitations of the ipod adapter.
See the wiki for more info.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to sound thick but what is wiki? I have 32gb ipod Touch - would I be able to use that with the ipod adaptor?

Ta.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
For my 2p worth :---------
With things going as they are in the U.S., which will effect the global economy even more than already, better deals will be had in a few weeks time.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - looks like no ipod connection for me then!

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Thanks - looks like no ipod connection for me then!
you would be better with a wet kipper for an ipod connection, its more functional than the honda one...

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
The price of the new CTR sounds good to me too. :)

I've read your For Sale thread, and your car would be a good buy for someone to buy privately, and hopefully for a bit more than £5k. :)

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Dimplyred - Yes, I think it would break my heart to give it away so cheaply. TBH it is worth much more to me than what I could sell it for so looks like I may just keep it for another 2 or 3 years and see what the next Type R is like - that would mean I'd have it for 10 years - now that is vfm!

Went to see 55 plate cosmic grey Premier Final Edition at local Honda Garage yesterday (that is how the new GT offer came about). My 6 and a half year old Type R was in much better condition than the 3 year old one. I couldn't believe it!

Thanks

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
You might want to put some pictures to your ads on here and CTRO.

Also have you tried putting it up on pistonheads ?

I think you should defo go for the deal !

BTW 5k seems fair from a dealer as privately you'd probably get about £5800 for it, but in the current climate it's too hard too sell a car privately:(

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I would bite his hand off

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had my 52 reg type r for sale on here, pistonheads, auto-trader, civic type-r owners site and dint get much interest.

So i tried ebay and it sold within 7 hours, someone offering me the asking price !!! Result.

My 52 reg was immaculate, with only 35k on the clock and my dealers were only offering me £4500 !!!

I laughed and so did they to be fair and ended up getting 7k so happy days !!!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Sorry to sound thick but what is wiki? I have 32gb ipod Touch - would I be able to use that with the ipod adaptor?

Ta.
yup, i have the 8gb. It will play in the following ways -

• From your last position
  • Random of all your tracks
  • from one of your 7 "custom" playlists that you create in itunes named (EXACTLY) - Honda1, Honda2, Honda3 etc..etc..
No other functionality though like searching for artists etc but for me it works well enough :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
You a got a great result in the end then, Smithyp1!
Yep, was sad to see it go, but i knew the lad was getting a great motor and felt proud to sell it.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the responses guys.

TBH I was expecting the guy from the Honda Dealers to ring me today to press for a deal..........but nothing.

I just wish I'd bought a brand new Premier Final Edition EP3 when I had the chance a couple of years back - I could kick myself.

Mind you, every time I see a new FN2 Type R (especially with Rages) I say to myself 'I'm having one of those' but when it actually comes down to the nitty gritty I just get cold feet.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Spoken to Honda Dealer today - brand new out of the box 58 Alabaster Silver Type R GT with 19" Rage Alloys £19,470 (£1200 off list price).

They have offered me £5,000 trade-in price for my immaculate 2002 (02) Type R which has 68,000 miles, one owner, full Honda Service History etc. etc.

I'm sure that I could push for free premium mats and badge / side stickers.

Anyone think that this is too good a deal to refuse? - bearing in mind the facelift is imminent (2009).

Possibly missed out on pay half and pay the rest over 1 year as I think this offer ends tonight.

Thanks.
mate what about the dealer in bristol doing brand spanking new ones for 15995, then buy the wheels separate.

http://birmingham.gumtree.com/birmingham/93/28213393.html

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the link jcw147. Just been on the site but was only up until 30th September.

Just out of interest - any idea how much the rages are if not purchased with the car - I'm guesing about £2K as they would need tyres also.

Ta

1 - 20 of 24 Posts