2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, sorry if this isnt the right place to post this,

i just wanted to know if this is normal....

mainly driving round town (central london) and maybe once a week on the motorway

i mean is it normal to be getting 23mpg?

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
see it now mate, you on about the mpg? u got a type r if so i'd say its normal for town driving with a bit of vtec. i average around 30mpg for mixed town and steady motorway:p
cool thanks, i didnt know what i should be getting (lost the brochure)
when u say mixed town and motorway, what do you mean?
because i mainly do towns, motorway at the weekend.. well, i say motorway.. its literally.. on the slip road and off again... about 5-10mins worth of motorway.
so you think i wouldn't be getting any more that 25mpg if i continued as it is

·
Administrator
15,518 Posts
cool thanks, i didnt know what i should be getting (lost the brochure)
when u say mixed town and motorway, what do you mean?
because i mainly do towns, motorway at the weekend.. well, i say motorway.. its literally.. on the slip road and off again... about 5-10mins worth of motorway.
so you think i wouldn't be getting any more that 25mpg if i continued as it is
sorry mate i mean i travel on motorways to and from work which is 30 miles round trip and i do this for 4 days then the rest of the week is normal leisurely driving in towns and A roads etc with some vtecing, so all in all a mixture but i rarely get under 30mpg

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I get around 30.3mpg and I drive my car pretty hard. I've got the Spritmonitor.de addition to my user info if you look left.

Flashpro has been known to improve fuel economy when the car has been mapped properly.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
looks normal to me.

Did you know that on your setting you can get trip A to reset everytime to re-fuel (trip B will carry still giving you the overall mpg average) ........ anyway doing this you should see how the mpg varies with the seasons etc. You should get better economy during the summer than the cold winter mornings.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
am just over 31 or so depending.. i travel maybe 9 miles on a roads through 3 villages and back daily then a bit of foot down in between them...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks normal to me.

Did you know that on your setting you can get trip A to reset everytime to re-fuel (trip B will carry still giving you the overall mpg average) ........ anyway doing this you should see how the mpg varies with the seasons etc. You should get better economy during the summer than the cold winter mornings.
thanks, yeah i kno about the trap A and B thing... my trap B is actually much lower..something liek 20mpg:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
looks normal to me.

my trip A does not reset every time I fill up do you have to set this up in the menu??

1 - 20 of 55 Posts