2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys my car is out of warranty in 4 weeks and after reading this forum for several months I am wondering if spending money on modding the car offers good valuve for money?

It seams to me people have spent £1000s and £1000s on their engines and only got back small improvements in BHP I understand the benifits of the drive etc etc and I know it can be more of a hobbie as the money spent wont reflect in the re-sale.

But the question remains is modding the civic good value for money??

your thoughts would be appreciated :D

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Most power per £ would be the supercharged route.

A couple of carefully chosen cheapish mods can rejuvenate your FN2 if you've owned it for a while. Fast road set up, eibach springs and flash pro will transform the car for
£1300 ish and keep you happy for a while longer.

The most important thing is to identify what you want from the mods and then only you can decide if the price is worth paying or not.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
same as above really. Unless you are gonna charge it then I wouldn't chase figures. As you know you can spend a lot and not gain many bhp. However you can transform the way the car feels and handles which makes it more fun to drive and would result in a faster lap time all the same. I would go that route rather than doing cams, mani, killa kit etc. If you are going to do anything related to power get a flash pro, intake etc

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
If your heart has been stolen by your civic, then tuning it would definitely be worth the money. You'll be the owner of a car you love and it will be able to notice the difference from the previous few years of ownership.

However, if you're actually after a racing machine and arent too fussed about owning a Type R, then there are other cars available (albeit maybe a few years older) for the price of what you'd get from selling your :typer:

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
best value for money mods: LSD, FRS, TODA manifold, remap, supercharger.

Staying NA is expensive. Ive spent almost £10k

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
like ash says, staying N/A is expensive, and likewise ive done easily over 10k to get where i am today. i could have gone charged, but i have more than enough power and fantastic driveability, so money well spent for me.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
i could have gone charged, but i have more than enough power and fantastic driveability, so money well spent for me.
Well said that man

Reactions: pigdog

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
like ash says, staying N/A is expensive, and likewise ive done easily over 10k to get where i am today. i could have gone charged, but i have more than enough power and fantastic driveability, so money well spent for me.

Did love what you have done to yours... thats what I would want to do, now have to decide if i can justify the money mabey thats the question lol :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Don't forget for some people its the fun and learning curve in getting stuck in too.

I like my car more now knowing I've had a fair hand in getting it together :)

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Don't forget for some people its the fun and learning curve in getting stuck in too.

I like my car more now knowing I've had a fair hand in getting it together :)
unfortuantely stephen, im completely useless with engines, i understand what things to, but couldnt fit things like you do mate, id love to have that sort of know how. hats off to you matey :D

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
whens the rrc and tb going in ash?
Thursday mate, all arrived from Japan and ready. Been waiting 7 weeks for RRC.

Also fitting heatshield, Ill have a dyno done for each part.

Lets see if we can smash down that bottleneck at 7000rpm onwards.

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Did love what you have done to yours... thats what I would want to do, now have to decide if i can justify the money mabey thats the question lol :eek:
if you want out and out power, charge it, otherwise you can work a budget and just stay N/A, and get things as and when your wallet can afford it matey.

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Thursday mate, all arrived from Japan and ready. Been waiting 7 weeks for RRC.

Also fitting heatshield, Ill have a dyno done for each part.

Lets see if we can smash down that bottleneck at 7000rpm onwards.
thats cool, mines going in next saturday, so would be good to compare our set ups, as there very similar.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
thats cool, mines going in next saturday, so would be good to compare our set ups, as there very similar.
What you getting done? they are quite similiar.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
The cheapest route, as I keep saying, sell your standard R and buy one allready modded ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts