2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys brand new honda civic on certain occasions when the boot is being dropped and shut at a low height from the latch it wont be secure so i have to open again and give it a better shunt. Any other people had that.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
All the time.

Does it if you don't pull it down hard enough, or you do it at an angle so the catch doesn't hit the shut properly.

·
Registered
136 Posts
you may also find the botls securing the boot latch to the tail gate come loose. mine came loose 3 times in 6 weeks so i thred lockked the botls in

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Yep! All the time :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Yep, this is very common.
As Loxy said....you need to make sure you pull down fairly hard when shutting the tailgate, otherwise it doesnt shut properly.
Even though i know about it, it still catches me out fairly regularly.

Its a very mild annoyance, nothing more than that.
To make up for it....the Civic has the best shutting doors of any car i have ever been in. :)

·
-Thor-
100 Posts
Happens all the time. As the others already said, you have to shut it pretty hard to get the catch to lock. I've also noticed this "problem" on the CR-V.

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
314 Posts
also have to wait for the electronic latch to "reset" when giving it the second shunt.

used to it now though..

you close your boot using the internal handles or fingers over the lip?

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Yep. Same here.
I would say that is happening to me in about 50% times.
Also shuting it back again straight away is for nothing. So after unlucky try I slowly open it, give it a sec or two, shut it again with a bit more force/speed.

Kinda annoying as I have to "smash" it like in old banger not 3yr old car :-\

sent from SGS.

·
Likes this
407 Posts
Have you made sure the rubber boot screw things arent too far unscrewed? The things that soften the thud when you close it. Just a thought :)

Dan

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I think a lot of the time it's because the tailgate is not centred correctly at the factory :( if you look at several civics, you will see that most have bigger panel gap on one side!

Swindon quality for you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts