2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving back from the hospital tonight - I've noted the clutch pedal squeaks when bringing it up slowly. It only started doing this in the last few days. Any ideas??

I've not even done 10k miles on the car yet. Gear changes are still smooth - I don't know what this squeaking sound is thought...

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
You will find a host of replies with the same problem, it seems indemic of Honda. I include the US as well here, the Akura/Civic/CRV seem to have this fault. Just Google it and the answers echo.
Got one too, hassle of returning to dealer to fix, or EEk eek EEk that is the question..

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Hi,

I have the same problem, its especially bad when hill starting and when damp and first pulling away.

I believe it is the clutch bearings that Honda have known to be bad on, especially civics. (even the previous model).

If like me you want it fixed, you can get it replaced with a new flywheel, but i will almost garuntee it will come back,as i am now on my 3rd.

Its just one of things......:rolleyes:

hope this helps.

·
Registered
192 Posts
mine was "looked at" over a year ago but the problem has returned, they are intimating a clutch master cyl, which makes absolutely no sense to me as the creaking is at the pedal, and unless I'm mistaken the master cyl is usually located in the engine bay :confused:

anyways it's now a moot point as I'm trading in for a 2.4 EX Accord next week, anyone looking for a set of original 18" type r alloys ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts