2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon,

I have a 56 plate 1.8 civic ishift, I got it 18 months ago and have never had an issue with it until 2 weeks ago.

First the check oil light came on, no big problem, filled it up with oil and carried on. The next day the ishift warning message came up, it continued to drive with no issues.

The car then didn't start, I could hear the engine trying to turn but no luck, later on it started no problem, the next day it started but wouldn't go into gear, and then later that day it worked again.

I know I should have taken it to a garage at this stage but a combination of time and money not being on my side stopped it from happening.

The next day it wouldn't start. Couldn't even get the engine to turn, later that day the battery went, I called out the RAC to check on the battery and they got it going again and provided me with diagnostic codes, I got;

P19FF - clutch friction co efficient value out of range
P19E6 - clutch temperature too high

Worked perfectly with no error messages for the next 24 hours and then it stopped. Completely.

I've got a new battery for it as the RAC guy noticed that the + connector was too small but that still isn't doing anything.

Can anyone let me know what needs to be fixed on this? I ideally want to know if it's worth fixing before somehow getting it to a garage.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm more than likely being thick, where is that section I've gone through the forum headings a few times and cannot see hobbyist

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,011 Posts
The iShift expert is a bit hidden I agree.

I've added a 'sticky' post at the top of the 8G Engine & Transmission section with a link.

Given the number of iShift issues recently it should help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts