2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
well - had not my Honda which works OK (touch wood) but on my Volvo T4. If the AC clutch is slipping - it probably means that it needs some regas before it starts engaging again. easy and not expensive! this is to prevent aircon system damage if there is not enough pressure in the system. however if you get you aircon refilled and back to normal pressure and the problem persists after days or a week - you need your brand new compressor with the clutch! it will cost you an arm and leg! you can send you old compressor to the workshop in Manchester and they will refubrish it for you for the fraction of the new one. it's a lottery! OEM fix - prepare for 1500 pounds including everything. For the refub - 300 pounds + labour for installation etc.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,252 Posts
Check out YouTube regarding the issue, there's plenty on there about A/C Units.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My car always run with temp on Auto and I make it go on "Lo" couple of times each week, and on "Hi" as well.
Things you don't use tend to fail and I reckon AirCon is not that used around here...
Ultimately I set AC to ON always. All to avoid failure.

You case is probably related to Gas that leaked... if you are keeping the car try to find someone that can fix the gas leak, if not, probably just regas and go on...

Pedro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts