2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a Civic 1.6 Dtec SE and since it doesn't have bluetooth included, I bought a bluetooth handsfree kit : "Kinivo BTC480 Bluetooth Hands-Free" which plugs into the cigarette lighter.
However I'm having an issue with the stop-start engine.
When the car comes to a rest, the engine will switch off and the music I am streaming over bluetooth will continue playing just fine. However, when the engine starts when I'm about to move, it causes the bluetooth device to switch off and I have to manually turn it back on again.

Is there like an accessory mode that would prevent this from happening?
Or any other solutions that don't involve turning off the stop-start?
And does anyone have an aftermarket handsfree kit that works around this problem?

Thanks

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Try a hard re-set. Push the power button for 10 Seconds and that may fix it, sorted out the Gremlins I was having.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
The closest I've come to this is the momentary dimming of halogen headlights, or, in my case with HIDs, momentary shutdown and re-ignitions when the auto stop start system comes in.

The only way I can think of for you would be turning off stop start, as you mention, or by adding a capacitor somewhere to provide a temporary holdup of power - Not an electrician though, so you'd need to work that one out :D

the stock headunit does have power through stop start, (Honda connect) but I'm fairly sure that's provided by a PSU Holdup capacitor as the screen dims whilst the starter is running:- It doesn't hold up for a regular start.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Have your battery checked. My 62 Plate 1.6Dtec is only 75% good, just about to replace it, although it hasn't affected the Stop Start function. I'm just being cautious going in to the Winter months. The draw might be too much to keep the accessories running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts