Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today is the day i've been waiting for :D
Our new 2.2 ES :cool:

and i couldn't resist this...

even got on TwitVid whilst we filled it up :D
TwitVid - @marksweb It's on!

Got the cameras charging so will get some 'proper' shots tomorrow and get them uploaded here, there and everywhere!

Quick question though, when you get in and stick the key in, it straight away starts to moan if you haven't put your seat belt on. Am I going to have to break the habit and put my seat belt on before putting the key in, or can you adjust the warning tone?

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Congratulations. To be honest after about a month of that beep, you'll actually not pay attention to it and you'll forget the car actually beeps at you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, I'm not gonna disconnect the sensors, i'll get used to it. It's just annoying at first, the Saab we just got rid of didn't beep until you'd actually driven off and actually forgotten to put it on!

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Well just incase, don't put anything on the front passenger seat whilst driving. There had been many a person put a bag if shopping there and it activates the sensor.

Also worth noting for other halfs hand bag which usually weigh about a small ton

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
AWWW!!
Congratulations on the new spaceship!
Very nice wheels you got yourselves there!
Happy motoring! :TTurbo:

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Congratz with the new car mate!
The bleeping sound when you put your key in is a probably a warning that you're key is in and one of the doors is opened. Because the car doesn't warn when not driving and not having your seatbelt on

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Great choice
Great Engine
OK not NHB but close!!!!
You will enjoy it even more as time goes on.
2.2 diesel....MAGIC
The route from Chester to Sheffield gives you plenty of chances to "admire the view!!!"
Looking forward to more pics.
Was it worth waiting for??????????:):):)

(Q. Did it come full of fuel or...?)

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Because the car doesn't warn when not driving and not having your seatbelt on
Yes it does, it does it for the driver and passanger seats as they have weight sensors built in.

The car beeps at you if your in the drivers seat, door closed, key in the ignigtion to tell you to put your seatbelt on. It has been complained about many a time.

Its also the reason why there is that lovely little display that shows how many passangers you have in the car and if they are belted up.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
well done mate - the car looks lovely

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Yes it does, it does it for the driver and passanger seats as they have weight sensors built in.

The car beeps at you if your in the drivers seat, door closed, key in the ignigtion to tell you to put your seatbelt on. It has been complained about many a time.

Its also the reason why there is that lovely little display that shows how many passangers you have in the car and if they are belted up.
and turned !!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Opps sorry! congratulations on the new car :)

·
Premium Member
491 Posts

Mine only starts bleeping when driving if somebody is not wearing seatbelt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes it was worth the wait!
And only came with 1/4 tank of fuel, but it's a company car so that was expected.

Also, quick question, the average Mpg Reading, is that specific to the trip or a longer period?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Yes it was worth the wait!
And only came with 1/4 tank of fuel, but it's a company car so that was expected.

Also, quick question, the average Mpg Reading, is that specific to the trip or a longer period?
Specific to the trip - enjoy :TTurbo:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts