2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definately think the 9th Gen is growing on me, which is great! I've been seeing a fair few around and about and followed a nice white one today. I think the front is great and usually I'm not a fan of the DRLs a distance from the headlights but it suits the car IMO..

There are of course a few bits and pieces that I'm not a huge fan of but im more than certain these can and will be changed...
1) the rear splitter needs a bit more of, well, anything... missing exhausts or something...
2) the rear wiper.. IMO theres no need for it..
3) the plasticy wheel arches think this detracts slightly from the sleek look
4) the small wheels! Hondas seem to have a fetish of fitting small wheels (i guess for the ride comfort?) but it would look much better with bigger wheels

Overall it really is growing on me the more i see one and I'm happy about that :D Definately will be getting the Type R when it arrives ;) which it will.. I will eat my own pubes if it doesnt make it to production...

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Pity that rear light cluster ruins it. Awful!

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As sad as it sounds I'm starting to like it too :( all insults are welcome :) I'm very conscious about the face if your finding it difficult to think of an insult towards me :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I don't mind the front or the rear too much, it's the shapeless sides I don't like. Also those big cheekbones are a bit odd. Rides nice though. I have been a passenger in one. But it doesn't do anything for me..

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm the sides to me aren't too bad, to me it is the rear... Yet to test drive one.. Will wait for the R as I said lol... And congrats on your 500th post Revs!

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Oh yeah :) cheers! 500 in 6 weeks :lol:

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha! That's pretty good going! You do realise its been sunny for a week right? ;) I joke I Kidd!

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Agree it is a grower, the rear is the main issue, but looks better in the metallic brown colour I saw yesterday - this seemed to reduce the bulk of the rear

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Saw a silver one the other day. Looked good. Might get one

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,263 Posts
I'm quite happy with it overall. Not driven one yet, just sat in one.

Once they've sorted out the i-MID Trip Computer restriction I'll start looking more seriously.

At the moment a ES-T with mats, flaps, rear parking sensors seems my destiny.

Also, Brodit need to get their finger out and design a 9G ProClip for my phone :musicus:

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Yeah but have you seen that rear light cluster? AWFUL!

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha! well.... some of us has the fight and some has the flight ;) But I'm with you on Jordan... definately more of a sabre-toothed tiger...

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,263 Posts
I can remember the hoo-haa when the Lexus IS200 introduced fog lights in the boot lid and the general rumpus about the jelly-mould Sierra, but it soon died down.

I care more about the dashboard aesthetics as that's where I spend all my time with the car. That's why I'm more concerned about the lost i-MID functionality.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts