2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just taken delivery of a Type S 2.2 i-CDTI in Alabaster Silver - and it rocks.

But what's with this weather - it's done about 100 miles and it's manky already. No significant rain for a couple of weeks and all this grit on the road - arrgghhhhhh. I did promise myself I'd only wash it with hamalyan Yak fur and water from a fresh glacier. I may have to rethink.

Now all I need to do is read through these forums and find out about iPod connections and floor mats and retro fitted bluetooth connections and well I'm sure all of you have gone through the pain.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hi All

Just taken delivery of a Type S 2.2 i-CDTI in Alabaster Silver - and it rocks.

But what's with this weather - it's done about 100 miles and it's manky already. No significant rain for a couple of weeks and all this grit on the road - arrgghhhhhh. I did promise myself I'd only wash it with hamalyan Yak fur and water from a fresh glacier. I may have to rethink.

Now all I need to do is read through these forums and find out about iPod connections and floor mats and retro fitted bluetooth connections and well I'm sure all of you have gone through the pain.
You have found the best place for information on your new civic.

It sounds like you are some sort of car cleaning expert with your Yak fur and glacier water ! :D

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
ive had my car for less than 2 weeks now and its a state! too much motorway driving i think! but im so glad i went for silver and not black! my old car was dark met blue and it looked dirty after 10 minutes!

silver type-s, good choice!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum Alcur,good Scottish word that "manky",think all our cars are the same in this weather.:(

·
Administrator
19,184 Posts
WElcome to the place.

I have had my car 1 week now and I have already had it washed! Sadly it was parked where birds could drop their excretion with pinpoint precision.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
i take ownership tomorrow of a bluish silver civic, but my current car which runs up and down the A12 is filthy. the wheels are now black, so are the head lights and numberplates. and my windsreen looks more like a port hole now. so will have to clean it today before it goes to the dealership. but i can't see the point as by the time i would have driven all the way up to them its going to be dirty again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I took my trusty old 7th gen civic in to 'swap' for this one it was really really dirty but I simply thought it ain't my problem any more...

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Welcome Alcur. Mine's an Alabaster silver and it is 'manky' too but in normal weather it stays pretty clean...... You have choseen the best colour though!!! One sees a lot of dirty NHB's about lol!!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
i take ownership tomorrow of a bluish silver civic, but my current car which runs up and down the A12 is filthy. the wheels are now black, so are the head lights and numberplates. and my windsreen looks more like a port hole now. so will have to clean it today before it goes to the dealership. but i can't see the point as by the time i would have driven all the way up to them its going to be dirty again.
Good choice in colour.Washed mine today then put it back in garage and walked to shop - only way to keep it clean in this weather. Even then still got some break dust on wheels! I'm getting worse about this car:rolleyes: Needs to be shiny for Christmas[smilie=party.gif]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
drove all the way from stoke to ipswich last night and it still looks pretty clean.

am really happy, i can't stop going to the window to havea look at it.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts