2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I thought I'd share the latest pic of our new little Civic. Bought it as a Cat C write off, a little bit of TLC, a lot of hard work, a shed load of new parts later and here it is. Feel very pleased and very grateful to my brother in law Ru for the great paint job on the bumper and wing. Type R spoiler waiting in the shed for installation, then it's waiting on V5 and RFL to be granted and we're on the road! Can't wait.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, well done

What repairs were needed from the Cat C?
Not a massive amount, just time (and money) consuming! Front bumper, drivers wing and trim, front of drivers door slightly damaged. Headlight washer. Salvaged the headlight, but it's slightly chipped on the pointy bit! Suspension wise, front lower arm, drivers side subframe, drop-links and shocks. Actually doesn't look like that long a list but when you're doing a lot of investigatory work it takes some time, plus we all need to work :-(

Thanks for your interest. Looking forward to getting the RFL so I can actually drive the thing in anger! ;-)

·
Administrator
18,053 Posts
Not a massive amount, just time (and money) consuming! Front bumper, drivers wing and trim, front of drivers door slightly damaged. Headlight washer. Salvaged the headlight, but it's slightly chipped on the pointy bit! Suspension wise, front lower arm, drivers side subframe, drop-links and shocks. Actually doesn't look like that long a list but when you're doing a lot of investigatory work it takes some time, plus we all need to work :-(

Thanks for your interest. Looking forward to getting the RFL so I can actually drive the thing in anger! ;-)
[smilie=gt-happyup.:
Yeah, I can believe it took a while to get it straight.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VIC pass certificate now in my hand. Apparently I can tax the vehicle in a couple of days with this and a V62, good news. Interestingly, the VSA warning came on during the journey home, hoping that might be something to do with the fact that the car is in dire need of tracking since half the suspension components have been replaced. 'Hope' being the important word here! ;-)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to add to the list a ballast and ignitor and possibly a new wheel at some point - there's a bit of damage to drivers side front, but still serviceable. :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts