2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i picked it up today 4pm . Its been well worth the wait , 17 weeks its been murder.I have still to give it the full works detailing , foam lance 3 coats of jetseal & 3 coats of Chemical Guys butter wax . Pictures to follow:D:D:D:D:D Ive only done 33 miles so no Vtec yet

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Well i picked it up today 4pm . Its been well worth the wait , 17 weeks its been murder.I have still to give it the full works detailing , foam lance 3 coats of jetseal & 3 coats of Chemical Guys butter wax . Pictures to follow:D:D:D:D:D Ive only done 33 miles so no Vtec yet
No Vtec, I don't know how you controlled yourself!!!
I gave mine a good blast 10 mins from garage!!!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Congrats Hunter - happy motoring! Picked mine up on Friday - 130 miles on her now. VTEC a couple of times.;);) Still getting used to having no turbo at 2,000rpm but car looks the biz!! Would also like to lower driver seat a little more (yes, down as far as it will go)...

Anyway, happy motoring!! :p

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
you lucky lucky lucky people

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Sounds great! picked mine up today too. Planning on waxing mine some soon too but got loads on so won't be able to do it for a couple of weeks at least :(

Enjoy your motor, and the VTEC!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats Hunter - happy motoring! Picked mine up on Friday - 130 miles on her now. VTEC a couple of times.;);) Still getting used to having no turbo at 2,000rpm but car looks the biz!! Would also like to lower driver seat a little more (yes, down as far as it will go)...

Anyway, happy motoring!! :p
me too i was used to the turbo in my cooper s

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congrats illegalhunter,:p

I believe that you will continue to enjoy that car for a long, long time.:D
I certainly was thoroughly enjoying mine till my setback.

Very happy for you.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
me too i was used to the turbo in my cooper s
Never mind talking about your Typr R, get some photos on i want to see those Rage wheels[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Apologies if this is a stupid question: is vtec an absolute 'no-no' until after 600 miles? (Have been in that rev range a few times ~ 6000rpm... 200 miles on the clock). I'm getting conflicting messages from a number of sources. (Miss my turbo low-down in rev range...:()
I have covered 330miles in my Type R, i am using Pottsy`s method (see "running in" thread posted by zippy)

·
Registered
429 Posts
also covered about 350 miles, hey my number is 7660, car is a mess cos been mostly on motorway, required cleaning but scared Il take the gaurd x off

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had an 07 with a turbo it was a [email protected] car , gave it a wee vtec today just to hear the noise

·
Registered
429 Posts
Apologies if this is a stupid question: is vtec an absolute 'no-no' until after 600 miles? (Have been in that rev range a few times ~ 6000rpm... 200 miles on the clock). I'm getting conflicting messages from a number of sources. (Miss my turbo low-down in rev range...:()
i also want to know

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
also covered about 350 miles, hey my number is 7660, car is a mess cos been mostly on motorway, required cleaning but scared Il take the gaurd x off
I thought you were supposed to avoid motorways for the first 600 miles?

or am i wrong??

1 - 20 of 53 Posts