2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a few hiccups and 2 days in the dealer's demonstrator... my Type R GT has arrived! And apart from having to take it back this morning as the passenger window refused to shut, and a manufacture defect in my wing mirror housing which is making it whistle... all is well!
More photos to follow... found it hard to drive off as the staff mobbed it!

Attachments

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Looking good Si, but the type R Badge on the front has been placed too high! Even the Instructions show it being placed near the bottom!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Looking good Si, but the type R Badge on the front has been placed too high! Even the Instructions show it being placed near the bottom!
I agree - a little too high...

Car looks awsome though - really like the front spoiler.

Enjoy :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! Had the badge and stickers done for free so can hardly complain!
Thanks for your kind comments!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome to the Millano club

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hey that looks like mine!!!:mad::mad:

Just kidding,
very nice mate!
good luck with your new toy[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First 300 miles are almost completed and its running like a dream.
Are most people finding around 300 miles to the first tank normal?
Looking forward to monday too as my wind noise will be fixed!

Also, will ask about the Type R badge position as it is a little high and the badge is actually slightly loose!

Oh, and my signature has changed now too :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
First 300 miles are almost completed and its running like a dream.
Are most people finding around 300 miles to the first tank normal?
Looking forward to monday too as my wind noise will be fixed!

Also, will ask about the Type R badge position as it is a little high and the badge is actually slightly loose!

Oh, and my signature has changed now too :)
Yes 300 miles sounds about right. Don't think cos you got the badges and stickers free then you can't complain if you are not happy. They didn't give you them for nothing it was all part of the deal, and they won't have lost out. So if you're not happy with the grill badge tell them.

You will love this car more the more you drive it, it is amazing, just hope stiggy does us proud tomorrow on Top Gear. :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will report after I see them on Monday...
as for Mr Stig... 'he' voted the Type R as the best hot hatch in Top Gear magazine, but as we know, Clarkson's review of the R was less than positive! Pretty much the only bad review to date mind you!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Will report after I see them on Monday...
as for Mr Stig... 'he' voted the Type R as the best hot hatch in Top Gear magazine, but as we know, Clarkson's review of the R was less than positive! Pretty much the only bad review to date mind you!
Yes The Stig really liked it, not that I am claiming that I could drive anywhere near as well as the Stig, but his opinion counts more for me than Mr Clarkson who is clearly going through the manopause. Ride too hard my ass :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts