2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...last 2 times I was at the petrolstation, the fuel-filler door wouldn't open. So I now join a group of fellow victims :(

I was kinda hoping that after 6 months I had escaped this little bug. Guess not.

Of to the dealer it is, and time to browse through those old threads to see what the problem is again.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need the little black spring thing added - 30 seconds at the most!
Well funny thing is, that little spring is already there. That would perhaps mean that even this doesn't prevent the problem in the long term. Perhaps the tension in this bit wears out over time.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm......it's late and it's cold outside. But I'm tempted to run outside and have a look........

Gimme a minute to think it over ok ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I did open right away this time :)
Spring is fitted the right way. Perhaps I'll try to bend it back a tad next time to put more tension in it.

It was dark, but not as cold as I thought.

Thanx ;)

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
If you have a torx screwdriver, you could loosen it and push the whole thing towards the rear of the car (it helps get the spring in the correct place). Probably best doing in daylight though.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Modified filler cap won't open....!

Me too... got mod done and filler cap didn't open first time pull today... see other thread "any quick fixes"... :(

Cheers,
Al

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
06 Civic i-CTDI Sport in Silver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Possible "fix" to fuel filler release problem

Had my car in the dealership today to have the fuel filler cap release problem fixed. However when I got home and checked - it did not work still. Fuming I rang the dealership up and they asked me to bring it back straight away which I did as they are only about a mile away. I arrived and handed over the keys - they drove it around the back to the workshop and after about 5 minutes the engineer comes around to the showroom to tell me there is no problem - it opens every time for him. Turns out I use the automatic door lock and unlock feature and when you switch the engine off all the doors unlock - EXCEPT FOR THE FUEL FILLER CAP - DOH - Maybe this has been the problem with the fuel filler cap all along. The trick is to press the unlock button on the key before you pull the filler release lever.
Does everyone with the filler release problem use the auto door lock/unlock?

·
Registered
5 Posts
sticky fuel filler

i had this problem once and took the lazy git way out the red light was on and i needed to fill up for a big drive the following day so i called out the roadside assistance (its free and you pay for it when you buy the car so why not?)

the fella had seen it before and not just civics by the way and he had a real simple solution lever the cap out a little and wedge a credit card or something in it - this gives it the little extra help needed.

strangely this only happened to me once and i havent got the extra spring thing in.

hope this helps you

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Had my car in the dealership today to have the fuel filler cap release problem fixed. However when I got home and checked - it did not work still. Fuming I rang the dealership up and they asked me to bring it back straight away which I did as they are only about a mile away. I arrived and handed over the keys - they drove it around the back to the workshop and after about 5 minutes the engineer comes around to the showroom to tell me there is no problem - it opens every time for him. Turns out I use the automatic door lock and unlock feature and when you switch the engine off all the doors unlock - EXCEPT FOR THE FUEL FILLER CAP - DOH - Maybe this has been the problem with the fuel filler cap all along. The trick is to press the unlock button on the key before you pull the filler release lever.
Does everyone with the filler release problem use the auto door lock/unlock?
I use auto lock / unlock, and mine opens ok... (sorry!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts