2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a little bored there about 30 mins ago wasn't much going on with the site and that so I went and fitted the Grill Badge to the car using only the street lighting which is like a gas in a peep as my mother says.

Good thing my arms aren't any thicker or I wouldn't have managed it.

My I have been a busy girl today, new pressure washer, cleaned the car inside and out, sealed it (again) and waxed it, then washed my Dad's cars too. Now the badge is on it looking good. Think my neighbours thought I was mad taking the front to bits with a very flat and blunt knife in the dark, but it worked :p

I wouldn't really recommend doing it in the dark and cold as you can get a it pee'd off taking the clips off :D

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The other hazard of working on the car at this time is the neighbours calling the police if they think your car is being stolen !

You are definetly a petrol head :)
Nah, they are used to me doing things at night. Plus I think most would like to see it go, a bit of the Old Green eye monster from some. One likes to mention that you can only do 70mph, but I reach it a darn site faster than they do in a 1.4d 206 lol! Been told by another that I should respect the other cars in the Street which confused me slightly. The guy didn't like it when I said if you get a decent car then it will get respect lol!!!

Replaced the exhaust bracket on my Mini in the Dark once and drilled, rivveted and wired up aux lamps on the front of the mini in very poor light too.

Also I have a strange fetish for changing bulbs, checking oil tyre pressure and water levels when it gets dark. I had promised myself I would fit the badge tomorrow but thought if I do it now then its done :)

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL - it's official Angie, you are a nutter! :D

bet it looks good though :D
I did warn you all that I was, but now I have officially proved myself! (but you really should have known with the Bicarb soda I told you to buy!)

I have a pic I took just after fitting with all the bits at my feet too, but I will take a wee pic in the morning (just had the flash of the camera).

Btw, welcome back TT!!!

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may also be posting pics of a very bruised arm in the morning also. Its still red and very tender to touch - but it was well worth it!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
The Karacher K5.91M - Was the best I could get. It had £100 off at my Local Halfords

Just a tip when using these jet washes - be very careful not to kink the pressure hose. If you do it becomes a weak spot that will burst. Its easily done and costs @ £30 to £40 to replace, as I found out the hard way. :)

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a tip when using these jet washes - be very careful not to kink the pressure hose. If you do it becomes a weak spot that will burst. Its easily done and costs @ £30 to £40 to replace, as I found out the hard way. :)
I remember my dad doing that years ago. I did make sure that the whole length was stretched out before I used it as it was quite tempting to leave it in the tangled mess it had come out the box in. But that hose my dad knackered was there as a reminder not to be lazy as well as the fact i'd just spent a couple of hundred on it

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm trying to load up the pics, but I kept getting server not found error messages yesterday. Oh and I do have a bruised arm, but I still say it was worth if. Even if I did spend a hour or so swapping pics with another forum member and comparing details of the cars again!!

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Angie, make sure the pics are small (say 800 x 600) before you upload them.
Cheers Pottsy, I made sure that they are. I'm just having 'technical' issues since my mother deleted all my connections on my pc's.

I'll try from work in the morning :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts