2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to fit this to the oem intake manifold and not change anything else....

a) would I notice any difference?
b) would it need mapping?
c) what mods would work best with it if I did change things around?

I'm running the flashpro group n map, and oem airbox at the moment.

Thanks

·
Enjoying life
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:popcorn: Nobody got experience of one of these?

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
If I was to fit this to the oem intake manifold and not change anything else....

a) would I notice any difference?
b) would it need mapping?
c) what mods would work best with it if I did change things around?

I'm running the flashpro group n map, and oem airbox at the moment.

Thanks
the difference would really be negligible IMO. larger throttle body might make 5bhp over OEM on a high spec NA build with cams, when you're probably under 220bhp I doubt it would be worth doing at all, your OEM airbox won't be bringing in enough air anyways.
I'm not sure if it would need mapping but I doubt it.

If you wanted a single mod that would make more difference combined with your flash pro then i'd say a race header, or a hybrid racing intake, or a 2.5" exhaust

·
Enjoying life
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think exhaust then, want some more noise :)

Frogster, I fitted the rsk but I'm with you on the noise, so it's off again. Spacers not on yet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Milltek then! ;)
I keep my RSK on, as i payed too much for it and would loose too much on re-selling at the moment. If i was You i would keep it untill you got exhaust - you never know - in combination with exhaust you might like it better (?)

Alo second reason i keep mine is that later in the year i'm planning flashpro and not sure if rsk will further improve n-group map benefits? Can you comment on this? With your n-group map did you noticed further improvement after fitting rsk?

P.S - you not too far away - if you want to listen to milltek - pop in ;)

·
Enjoying life
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really anything noticeable. I would think a custom map would be needed. Is your milltek non res?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes, non res.
... so this rsk is just overpriced audio feature if you don't do custom map... Should go for tegiwa box which was only 30quid more :mad:

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
If you want the best and you have a competent mechanic get a hybrid racing intake. Cost me just over £300 imported from the states and it will make power. Won't fit with fog lights though. CPL CAI is a cheaper alternative. Tegiwa isn't so bad but won't make as much power as HR. They will all make induction noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
There is a nice invidia exhaust in the for sale section... id get that... and there is one currently on eBay...

if you go down the route of CPL/Skunk2/Hybrid your going to need flashpro to get it to run smoothly.

·
Enjoying life
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't see the ad!

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you want the best and you have a competent mechanic get a hybrid racing intake. Cost me just over £300 imported from the states and it will make power. Won't fit with fog lights though. CPL CAI is a cheaper alternative. Tegiwa isn't so bad but won't make as much power as HR. They will all make induction noise

What about skunk2 cai u rekon?

·
Enjoying life
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, found it eventually and posted to ask if still for sale.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same as HR but harder to fit as its not all silicone

I can't decide what intake....

I'm just putting some extra power before eventually going sc.

First i was set for the skunk2 cai but then Idk if thats worth it for me. I read I wont get any power more from it than from the tegiwa intake unless i change cams etc?

Is all tha na power before going sc worth it and adds up when u go sc?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts