2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we've probably all heard we're getting a new Civic Type R in 2015 based on the Civic we have at the moment!

What I can't seem to find out is what's Japan getting Type R wise in the next couple years?? Noooo way will they be getting the same Civic Type R! I was told while I worked for my local Honda dealer by some head cheeses that there was strong rumours the Integra was coming back.. What's the chances jpn get a die hard ITR and we get stuck with another fat, eco spec, euro v friendly limp biscuit CTR again... Wouldn't be the first time Honda decide this is the best option..

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Considering they stopped manufacturing the fd2 after 3.5year due to lack of sales in japan for one reason and didn't sell it in other markets to bolster sales. I would say that could be a good assumption ;) wonder what power plant it would be tho

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considering they stopped manufacturing the fd2 after 3.5year due to lack of sales in japan for one reason and didn't sell it in other markets to bolster sales. I would say that could be a good assumption ;) wonder what power plant it would be tho
Do you reckon if they did go Integra it'll get a boosted motor too or stay vtec?... I know the Honda institute were still working on a k20 engine for future release up to only a year ago :)

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
japan already has our 9g civic, there is no longer a different jdm version. They are getting the same type r as us, hence Honda japan and mugen are involved in the development.

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
there is a new honda integra on the market already, but before you get excited its a scooter !?!?!?!?!?!?!:(

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
The Vtec-A engine development has been scrapped as development proved it wasn't viable.

Would of been good having variable valve lift and advance

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess you could kinda look at this as good news because Japan would never tolerate a limp wristed Type R like we would, so if we get the same car as them we will probably get a good car! Plus the avantages of getting jdm tuning parts in English language and at a sensible cost because we won't be buying them individually will be amazing! Maybe I should get saving!

Sad about the end of the vtec motor, but the benifits of having a very tunable turbo engine with Honda reliability and handling has to mean the future is bright!

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
There is a lot of misinformation in the thread.

Chris.
Hi Chris, how's your exclusive Honda fleet? If you know anything please elaborate- if you can!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts