2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody wanted to start a convoy from the birmingham area to santapod!, or our own little civinfo stand.
If I have double posted let me know but I couldn't see anything.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
I am heading down, organised a stand for CTRO, got 16 put there name down so will see how it goes.

Might have a spare pass if you want to park up with us :D

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
Gutted have to work the Cosford airshow that weekend

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am heading down, organised a stand for CTRO, got 16 put there name down so will see how it goes.

Might have a spare pass if you want to park up with us :D
Would love to as long as you dont mind a cts being there ;)

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, PM me if you do have that space available :)

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Hi mate,

We are going to be meeting up at the Tesco in Wellingborough so I can give out passes etc... if you want to meet up with us there or sooner, may need to pick a mate up though yet. Or I can post the pass out to you if you prefer.

Time: 7:00am - 7:15am

The Tesco is located as you come off the A45 onto the A509 as you are heading to Santa Pod.

PLEASE BE PROMPT AND ON TIME
We are allowed in before the gates open at 8am to get set up etc so MUST leave no later than 7:20 incase of any queues.

We have a good location for the stand, we are right next to the drag strip up the top end, in section D on the map shown below.

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats fine, I will be getting up at about 4:00 to get there for 7:00.
See you there!
Thanks
Ash!

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you know if theres any rules against me selling a few honda bits on the stand or is it purely for show?

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Do you know if theres any rules against me selling a few honda bits on the stand or is it purely for show?
To other members I think is okay, like selling 2nd hand parts etc... but you are not allowed to trade on the stand, i.e new stuff or quantities of items

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh ok then i was going to bring down some honda service bits (oil filters, air filters, wipers) to see if anybody wanted them as my dad works for honda and would be able to give us a decent discount for anyone on the stand.

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the official map has been released and were not as close as i would of hoped, but o well will still be a good day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Yeah I had it emailed earlier, good job we didn't go off what was on the passes then.

Saying that it will be easier to get in and out of though, as it can be a nightmare around that section as that is where crowds tend to be, to the grandstand etc...

I guess you get a good few people see the stand then but people tend to look around anyway.

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeh I was thinking exactly the same; quick getaway ;)

there will be so many people there that it wont matter where we are anyway.

Ive also noticed that the more expensive the cars in the club are the closer they are too the strip, maybe thats a bit of a factor [smilie=pimp.gif]

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can I ask what your registration plate is? Or could you pm me you mobile for the meet at tesco tomorrow? As i know there is going to be quite a few clubs meeting at tesco so I can know which one is you lot. :)
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Good to meet you yesterday bud, shame there wasn't a better turn out but I think the weather put people off, as the show was quieter than I remember it.

Still was great to see the Jet car do a 5 something pass, and also that Skyline was amazing doing sub 10's

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeh, thanks for letting me come with you, the weather was great in the end! that jet car was absolutely deafening... Ive now decided I want a GTR at some point in my life lol!

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
I might be coming. I knw pjones19 is also thinking of going. If we are we'll be at the Run what ya brung on the Sat and will be camping overnight.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Thanks Gar:D 95% sure I will be going. I might run the CTR down the pod then have a nice BBQ and beers Sat night then watch the 500 mph jet car on the Sunday:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts