2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen japspeed are selling a long ram cai for around £50

Has graphs showing good power gains has anyone got one fitted?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I would forget it, stick with the well known ones. HKS, Mugen, CPL, Tegiwa, Gruppe M

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
I know its not the best branded, but the route the system takes looks like it would provide best airflow and reduce heatsoak. From the pictures it looks good quality to me. For 50quid im contemplating.

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
I know its not the best branded, but the route the system takes looks like it would provide best airflow and reduce heatsoak. From the pictures it looks good quality to me. For 50quid im contemplating.
dude you get what you pay for . In my opinion any thing lower than the Hks rsk is a waste of money .The throttle response is electric and the sound is incredible . save your pennies and get the Hks ,Tegiwa ,mugen ,or gruppe m .Hks is £370 from sumopower and worth every penny !:)

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
get it and see what you think?

See if it disrupts airflow to the MAF sensor (so may need tuning) and if there are any gains/differences to throttle response

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
It's absolute pants mate doesn't even fit right ! Its meant for the american civic 4-5 door whichever one ??? The bracket shown goes no where near where it should & the filter is too big & pushes against the fog light !! I tried fitting one for a friend who bought one it's an absolute nightmare I ended cutting 2" of the end & fabricating a bracket to hold it in place !! He is not a big power hungry fella just wanted something cheap & cheerfull with noise ? Told him it would cause problems & low & behold it did causing engine check light to come on ended up taking it off & replacing with a piper cross one his choice as he is a tight bugger ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
dude you get what you pay for . In my opinion any thing lower than the Hks rsk is a waste of money .The throttle response is electric and the sound is incredible . save your pennies and get the Hks ,Tegiwa ,mugen ,or gruppe m .Hks is £370 from sumopower and worth every penny !:)
Tegiwa Carbon Airbox is the only other system to really tickle my fancy tbh. I've been in a car with someone who had a HKS fitted and it does sound like a beast, i like the way its unnoticeable until vtec...then Bam!!

Not knocking the other systems but sometimes i do wonder how much a couple of bent pipes cost.

I've got a few other bits on order this month and need to pay for painting costs etc. But I think I'll order a Japspeed intake end of the month. As long as my engine doesn't go boom i can't imagine it being too much of a waste of cash considering the price.

Edit: Just seen Hagan's response :) Tegiwa it is then.

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
It's absolute pants mate doesn't even fit right ! Its meant for the american civic 4-5 door whichever one ??? The bracket shown goes no where near where it should & the filter is too big & pushes against the fog light !! I tried fitting one for a friend who bought one it's an absolute nightmare I ended cutting 2" of the end & fabricating a bracket to hold it in place !! He is not a big power hungry fella just wanted something cheap & cheerfull with noise ? Told him it would cause problems & low & behold it did causing engine check light to come on ended up taking it off & replacing with a piper cross one his choice as he is a tight bugger ;)

I first bought the aem short ram ,which was adverstised as a Kit for the fn2 £150 , I thought bargain ! got it and it did'nt fit plus instructions pics did'nt match my engine bay . I called POTN racing and they confess that AEM dont make an induction for the fn2 it's for the civic si and will fit with a squeeze . I wanted a decent kit and after much advice from civinfo members I got a refund and bought the hks .It's expensive but worth every penny I paid .I just think buying a cheap kit is pointless iv'e certainly learn't from my mistakes.Plus I found out since that The AEM makes the engine management light come on and you need a remap plus it has flatspots and suffers from major heatsoak. Just goes to prove you get what you pay for !

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Tegiwa Carbon Airbox is the only other system to really tickle my fancy tbh. I've been in a car with someone who had a HKS fitted and it does sound like a beast, i like the way its unnoticeable until vtec...then Bam!!

Not knocking the other systems but sometimes i do wonder how much a couple of bent pipes cost.

I've got a few other bits on order this month and need to pay for painting costs etc. But I think I'll order a Japspeed intake end of the month. As long as my engine doesn't go boom i can't imagine it being too much of a waste of cash considering the price.

Edit: Just seen Hagan's response :) Tegiwa it is then.
Great you know it makes sense rodders !! lol:)

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
i reckon its worth a punt even just to chop up and fit a huge k&n to? i dont understand why an induction kit would throw a light if the maf is connected properly?
It's not worth it lee ? I done a mates as mentioned above ! & had terrible flat spots hesitation & threw the engine light !! It goes from 70mm to 76mm to 70mm back to 76mm & the quality is pants to be kind ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts