2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a current civic owner and my wife's just bought a 2007 jazz.

Like the car so far but the steering feels normal when parking but when driving seems unnaturally heavy. Also if the indicator is on and you use full lock the indicator does a series of fast clicks, if that makes sense ?

We're not sure if this normal or a fault?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
The steering fels fine on mine, although the first outing out compared to my previous car (CLK Merc), it did feel a little artificial. Check the tyre pressures are correct.If you remain unsure, I'd get the steering checked professionally.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, we've literally bought it today from a Honda dealer so I would assume every thing to of been checked. Having no experience driving a jazz I wasn't sure if that's normal or not, it's certainly not like it on my civic. I suppose I'll have to get the dealer to check it.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Jazz has electric PS. It is speed sensitive so it doesn't feel too light at speed. From your description it doesn't sound right. And the indicator ticking might suggest a wiring problem on the steering column.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer has replaced the steering column (just under £1400!!) under warranty. Whilst the steering is slightly better, the wheel will now try and return to the centre position now, it still feels really heavy when driving above 30mph.
Also the problem with indicators remains, can any other jazz owners confirm that when the indicator is on and you turn the wheel the indicator tick noise increases kind of like the speed of the tick noise gets faster. I hope I'm describing this ok....?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer is adamant that all jazz's do this with indicators but I remain to be convinced.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
was in my mother 2007 jazz last week and i never noticed the indicator tick

The steering is super light at slow / parking speeds and it firms up the faster you go, but not to the point it feels heavy

may be a daft question but have you checked the battery ??

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Checked mine tonight-did a plus 90 deg. turn onto my road with R/H indicator on. Indicator ticking remained constant and did'nt appear affected at all by steering change ('06 1.2 Jazz S)

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for replies, I still think it's very odd, might have another try with the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts