grandads new car arriving friday
will post more after a jolly good play[smilie=lil_red_dev:

1.3 HS-T storm silver

·
shameless
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its been a few weeks but i've had a play a couple of times
what a funky car to drive- the combination of cvt and the ima make it a curious drive
when in eco mode the car will accellerate (gently) with 1000 revs on the clock with no sesation that the engine is doing anything!
you have 4 options for driving in auto:- eco on, eco on + S, eco off & eco off + S then you can do all of that and use the paddle shift where you get 7 "gears"!!!
i thought S was sport but manual lists it as Second as in second set of ratios

so for comparison grandfathers fuel econ:-
2002 primera p12- 22 mpg ave
2007 civic i-shift- 32 ave
2011 jazz hybrid- 48+
you may say he's a happy bunny:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
So, this very complex and expensive 'eco' Jazz can barely do a few MPG more than my wife's 2000 Logo?

Takanobu Ito has said he feels Honda has lots it's Mojo… One of the top American Honda tuning magazines recently pointed out that the original CRX HF was not only infinitely better to drive and was nearly as quick off the mark, but was also more economical than the eco CRZ.

There's your problem right there Ito San.

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
Frank great choice dont forget to get the 5 year Honda service package for £595, its a great saving over the servicing prices if you didnt have it and you always get genuine Honda parts

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
The first service is about 200, second is more and he third is more so if you keep it 3 years it still saves you money, most jazz customers keep them forever

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
depends on the hourly rate of the dealer rick, we are 90ph, the price for an AB service on a honda jazz hybrid is £205 inc vat

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
parts pricing is the same the honda hapiness scheme is optional, that only covers repairs not servicing

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
well honda never said anything about that on the latest hh pricing letter

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
The time per job is standard, the cost of parts is standard, its the hourly rate that differs regionally and per dealership, hence the differing costs.

As Hybridrob has said, the scheduled servicing is not covered by the same national pricing structures as the brake pads/exhaust/clutch etc on Honda Happiness.

That said, keep the jazz for 3 years and you will at least come out the same, if not save some money. Don't forget, its also transferrable when /if you sell the car so added value when you come to sell it.

·
shameless
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
as for fuel economy you have to bear in mind the car has about 2500 miles on it and grandad only does about 400 yards a week[smilie=nod.gif]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts