2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's Honda Jazz (2002 model) - driver's and rear hatch locks have seized (key is really stiff to insert and they will not operate), so now down to just the pasenger door to get in!! I have sprayed plenty of 3in1 lubricant in them to no avail. What options do I have?

Will I have to go to a dealer to get new locks?

Can I have remote central locking added?

Tried searching elsewhere and can't find a clear answer, BUT it seems to have happened to quite a few other Jazz owners!

·
Registered
155 Posts
yes, quite common I'm afraid. i think it's about £100 approx. to have it supplied and fitted to original key number.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - is that through Honda? The passenger one has failed as well. Ridiculously poor quality from Honda to lose all 3 locks like this!

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
It is pretty poor show to lose three locks after only 10 years..

yeah, ridiculous, faultless for a whole 10 years.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Try graphite powder, it's worked well for me in the past.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
This is one of the negatives of central locking.. the locks never get used. The only way to stop this happening is to make sure you periodically use/lube the locks.

As you put the key in it'll push the gubbins in the lock up but if they're stiff they won't spring back as they should. You should be able to free it up with some graphite powder and a bit of patients. Just pull the key in and out a few dosen times, that should free up the internals :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts