2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! Im realyy close to buy a brand new CVT Honda jazz 2013 production year. Im not sure if that is a problem or not but the dealer told me that they have one car available in showroom with CVT automatic shift only that is made in China... What do you think? Is the myth still standing everything that is made in China wont last? I read about the factory and it is practicallyy a japan factory with full quality control placed in China. If i want to wait for another car im looking at 1-2 months... Sry for my english and i will fullyy apreciate any clear facts about China vs UK vs Japan.
Btw i got the best price @ 14500 Euro with metal colour jazz cvt comfort :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
I though the jazz was made in the UK/ Japan but I have read that depending on model and country some are made in china for the local market but tbh if the car is made in china or anywhere else it should be built to Honda standard Shouldnt be really any worry

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much. Where do you think iphone are made?

sent from fraggle rock

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
it'll be fine. come next year, they will all be made there as the jazz production is being halted in the Uk for the new Tourer and SUV that are coming. Plus there's a new jazz on its way in 2014.

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
First 3 digits of V.I.N. indicates where was produced .

SHH = UK

JHH = Japan

LUC = China

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for all the info this week im going to buy it from the dealer i did the test drive and i love it... great for a second car in the family ;)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
First 3 digits of V.I.N. indicates where was produced .

SHH = UK

JHH = Japan

LUC = China
Jazz, "US" Accord, Civic sedan, CRV for Australian market have been sourced from Thailand for a while now. No need to be concerned about build quality from any Honda factory. BTW the VIN prefix for Thailand is MRH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts