2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just back from stealers after having new bump stops fitted, so far no noise. Still I had a 1.4SE Honda Jazz Auto for the day, and personally I quite liked it, not as much as my Civic mind, but I would be perfectly prepared to use one every day if I hadn't had my Civic (if you see what I mean). Anyone else tried one?? If so and you didn't like it what didn't you like???

Tom

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Just had a 1.4 DSI sport for two days whilst mine was in having a new bumper - I agree with Pottsys review of it - the steering was terrible and the engine, whilst fantastically quite and refined was utterly gutless. There is no acceleration to speak of and I did find myself wondering how I got up to 60mph in the first place!
It had lots of kit though - climate control, folding mirrors & alloys etc

Rather anoyingly though I thought the mechanical build quality in the Jazz just tips that in the Civic (which I wasn't expecting being a cheaper car) - it rides much more solidly over bumps.

The brakes were quite snatchy I thought - but they were excellent.

I was very glad to get my Civic back though! Still really really love it! :p

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
I had a Jazz courtesy car for a full week earlier in the year, while a local dealer fiddled around trying to stop my Civic making a loud crack every time it hit a serious bump in the road. In general I quite liked the car: my thoughts are similar to some of those listed above. Though cumbersome at lower speeds, I found the engine good enough for a comfortable 70 on the motorway, unlike the Peugeot 207 I drove a while ago, which seemed well into the high revs over 60. The steering was a little ropey and not helped by the large and slippy steering wheel. What I did like though was the ride, which I thought was way better than my Civic. The Jazz seemed to deal with bumps large and small with no problems whatsoever: no noise, no jolt, just a firm, quiet glide across. I reckon I could live with a Jazz, but driving one for a week did help me appreciate the performance of my Civic when we were reunited. You don't see many Jazz's on the roads round these parts though; does anyone know how it compares for sales in its class?

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Had a little jazz yesterday whilst our civic was in getting the fuel cap mod
(not that it needed it in my opinion) and some work done on the dash
it was only the 1.2s and yes it was slow I drove a 1.4 auto years ago and loved it loved to be revved and really shifted for a 1.4)

Really looking forward to having a drive in the all new model when it hits British shores - should be much more refined, stylish, more power,
new small diesel unit (forget your corsa's, polo's, modus, clio's)

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
I had a Jazz 1.4 for a few days a while ago and I really liked it. Can't remember the steering being an issue, but overall the little car (that isn't so little) surprised me in a positive way. I thought the engine was quite quick. Not revvy, not punchy, but well balanced more then enough to do a decent job. The 1.2 s*cks though, I cannot see why Honda had to make this "basic" version anyway.
We recently had a special series of the jazz here, and for its price it couldn't be beaten in its class, when you take in account the whole package. Not even by a Yaris.

K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts