2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a test drive in the 2021 Jazz, very impressed.

I was expecting a slightly lower experience going from Civic 9G to a lower model but not so.

The suspension was not as hard or jiggly as some reports suggest and is easily as good as the 9G and better than my 8G's.
The CVT performs the same as a torque converter auto with ample creep to slow manoeuvre just using the brake pedal.

Now to negotiate for a Sep or Oct collection.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Suggest you also try and drive the Crossstar version. The looks are a bit odd, but the ride is considerably better.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at the Crosstar closely and ruled it out :

I don't need the height or roof rails
Not keen on the additional exterior plastic
Don't like the interior waterproof fabric
No available OEM mudflaps
More expensive

Plus sides:

More audio speakers and slightly softer suspension.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts

More expensive

Plus sides:

Crosstar engine is far quieter than standard Jazz. Softer to the touch internal panels. Far better drive on a long non and motorway route. Audio system miles better than standard. Only thing I don’t like is the reflection of dashboard top onto windscreen in bright sunlight.

·
Registered
168 Posts

More expensive

Plus sides:

I've loaned both for extended periods and concluded the Crosstar is a waste of money. Might make a decent second hand buy if some really wants that specific model, but as a new car - no chance.

Not only do you lose the heated steering wheel and the blind spot monitoring that the EX has, you end up paying over £1200 more for a pseudo-hyped audio system, which in both cars, is frankly rubbish.

Crosstar as new, is a colossal waste - and the plastic exterior tat makes it look even worse.

Crosstar engine is far quieter than standard Jazz.
Subjective to opinion. Not saying your view is wrong, but I found the EX to be quieter as the air flow around the car is better managed without the protruding plastic crap on the outside.

But as I say, both experiences are valid and neither is wrong - all down to personal experiences, nothing more, nothing less.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both the EX and the Crosstar are listed identically as 56.3db internal noise.

I never play the audio very loud, my max in the Civic is 12 to 14, I don't need a super dooper for my needs.

As I said, I've seen and played with both in the showroom and I prefer the EX, and it's cheaper.

I took the EX on a test drive over known roads, rough, smooth and a 70mph stretch of the A40 and it was absolutely perfect for my needs. I was expecting the suspension to be a bit jiggly or harder than my 9G Civic but it wasn't it rode just as well.

Reading the reviews by Whatcar and Auto Express, they both rate the EX over the Crosstar so not just me.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm quite pleased. Going from a 9G Civic to a Jazz I was expecting a slight backwards step but not the case. It's quieter and more powerful with the ICE & Electric working together. The inside space is a bit larger and the space behind the front seats is bigger, but, the boot is noticeably smaller.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting thread. My Mrs looking to replace her '54 plate Jazz ( longest we've owned a powered vehicle ). Kremmen - did you buy from a Honda dealership or through a third party? Please keep us updated. My 2.2 Civic also needs replacing, but sadly the latest Civic way too big.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm quite pleased. Going from a 9G Civic to a Jazz I was expecting a slight backwards step but not the case. It's quieter and more powerful with the ICE & Electric working together. The inside space is a big larger as the space behind the front seats is bigger, but, the boot is noticeably smaller.
Lol i wanna polish it make it truly pop...omg whats wrong with me.
Such a lovely paint shade on a honda i like a lot.

In regards to the ice,as you get older yourealise the difference between quality and gain of the sound is more important than volume or rated watts outputs.

Honda get that and their svc setup works well when set right (i use svc high as most of my miles are a class roads n motorway) Adjust bass n treble to suit personal taste, thats all basic dsps do anyway as well as add calculated delay, but in a cabin that size the standard unit will be more than enough, if you prefer it weighted to just behind seats, set fader to rear center +1 or +2 for the same effect.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Interesting thread. My Mrs looking to replace her '54 plate Jazz ( longest we've owned a powered vehicle ). Kremmen - did you buy from a Honda dealership or through a third party? Please keep us updated. My 2.2 Civic also needs replacing, but sadly the latest Civic way too big.
They should do a jazz R :) show toyota 2wd is enough :) id have one 👍 chuck in the hybrid to enhance the vtec boom grin factor 10 captain!

Actually joking aside if that was the future of the typer models....hmmmm 👍😂

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crown Honda Bushey.

Setting it all up has been fun. It's like a mini computer. The headunit is Android 8.x so an improvement over the Civic 9G with Android 4.x

·
Registered
630 Posts
Crown Honda Bushey.

Setting it all up has been fun. It's like a mini computer. The headunit is Android 8.x so an improvement over the Civic 9G with Android 4.x
Nice!

So should be able to add google assistant and google maps mate, voice cobtrol :D

I use it around the house and to make calls via bluetooth atm on the 9gs limited functions no mirroring but my satnav subs still live for another 2yr, if yours has the nav part, it should still have the ecodrive etc hopefully found that pretty decent in the 9g once id set up the car in it sat nav.it now tells me how much it will cost in fuel from the last input price and fuel type in :D i try to remember to update every fill as its a neat trick

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can install those via a hack. TBH I'm not bothered as I'm happy with the built in Garmin maps. Honda have ditched TMC RDS so the headunit has no traffic, but, given the restrictions and slowness of RDS updates I agree with their move.

I've wired in my Garmin DS61 that has Garmin live traffic, all roads and updates every one or two minutes and it's on the dash top so more in my line of sight.

I'm not fussed with voice control even though it may be improved. Had that on all my Civics and it wasn't the best. I remember asking if to raise the temperature and it changed the radio channel.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great colour choice!

Amazing how rapid these new Jazz Hybrid's are. A far cry from the last gen which was lethargic at best!

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did my first decent run this weekend. Still under 100 miles on the clock though.

Very impressed. The suspension is slightly softer than the 9G even though it's heavier with the tyre pressures 35 front and 32 rear. It's quieter and the tech is amazing.

Best bit though, 72.1 mpg average.

.... and, yes, being electric or hybrid up to 60mph it's rapid. Loads of torque.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I really like these, I prefer small cars and have a Tourer at the moment because of a young family but I can't help but think a Crosstar with a roof box would do the same job!

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,085 Posts
I did my first decent run this weekend. Still under 100 miles on the clock though.

Very impressed. The suspension is slightly softer than the 9G even though it's heavier with the tyre pressures 35 front and 32 rear. It's quieter and the tech is amazing.

Best bit though, 72.1 mpg average.

.... and, yes, being electric or hybrid up to 60mph it's rapid. Loads of torque.
Getting 72mpg is like a wet dream for me....if only! I spend far too much time and money at petrol stations 😭

1 - 20 of 23 Posts