2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I reckon I can beat that next weekend.

Due to the M4 roadworks I was on diversion via the M25 and M40 so I exceeded the 60mph golden speed in a lot of places.

If I use my usual route then it's mostly 50mph. Under 60mph it's combined electric and ICE. Over 60mph it's just ICE. Now if I hit the Eco button as well it'll be interesting to see what I get.

Reactions: Rover3

·
Registered
266 Posts
My girlfriend test drove a Jazz SR today and she really liked it compared to her 'old' 19 plate Jazz. Just got to see if the figures work out for her on PCP....

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Honda have improved the speedo accuracy.

On the Civic, when both my phone, dashcam and Garmin were all reading GPS 50mph the Civic speedo was reading 53mph. Similarly, 60mph GPS was 63mph on the speedo.

On the Jazz, 50mph GPS is 51mph speedo and 60mph GPS 61mph speedo.

·
Grumpy Old Git ;)
392 Posts
We’ve just ordered a new Crosstar today. Moving away from the 9G EX to the Crosstar is a good move for us.
We have equity in the 9G even though we only got it last year, and trading it in does not impact the monthly’s at all, and no additional cash in either.

Took it out for a drive and was pleasantly surprised, yes the CVT is a bit meh, but it’s plenty pokey enough for a 30 mile round commute for the Wife for work.

3 year PCP, same payments as before, 5 year warranty/5 year servicing it’s a no brainier.

I have my 530dX if we need to do anything that requires luggage or a long trip.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The e-cvt does take some getting used to but it's way better than standard cvt that can cause high revs.

·
Grumpy Old Git ;)
392 Posts
It does still make the revs soar, but I feel it’s just a retraining of driving style other than a major issue.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Odd, mine has never soared, nor did the test vehicle. Up to 60mph it's either electric drive or a mix of electric/ICE and it's well controlled. Mostly the engine just there to keep the battery pack charged.

I haven't done many miles but so far it's no noisier than the Civic 9G auto and often quieter.

I think you'll like it once you've spent a full day setting it up. There are so many options.

·
Grumpy Old Git ;)
392 Posts
I think you are right, we did notice a huge improvement in overall refinement and noise.

It’s definitely the right move going for this, and trading in the 9G. The only thing we will miss in the Blind Spot notifications on the mirror.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I spent some time comparing the 2 models side by side but in the end the Jazz won me over in quite a few areas. However, if you have a family the water resistant fabric and built in roof rails would be a bonus.

Why they didn't include blind spot is weird because my Jazz has it.

Reactions: Deathstar
21 - 29 of 29 Posts