2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one of these on Tuesday. I thought, "who's the fool in the hybrid right up my a*se". Little did i know it was an 08 Type-R JDM (white). He zipped by and weaved out of site in the traffic.

I must say, i dont like the look of the saloon civic, but there is something about the JDM Type-R that makes it look faster than the UK one.

Even though it looks faster and IS faster, I still prefer the futuristic looks of my Type-R, especially inside.

·
Banned
165 Posts
It looks faster coz of the big bad ass spoiler on the back!!! I've seen a blue one with red calipers, looked nice. You're right, looks like hybrid which I dont like.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
There is a white one that I have seen around my area a few times lately.

I know they are fast, but I have to say if this was available in the UK, I would not buy one. I don't think they look anywhere near as good as the FN2 Type R.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
but I have to say if this was available in the UK, I would not buy one.

...but seeing as they are not, you might?

:?: :D :?: :D :?:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I wish i had one

·
Registered
257 Posts
i love the FN2 but i dont understand why Honda didnt squeeze that extra power out for us that they did for the JDM.
I reckon Honda were obliged to keep the Civic's fuel consumption to a minimum and keep the car at a CO2/emissions category of F or better - I'm sure there's some marketing research somewhere that states a lot of potential buyers would have been put off (despite the extra power or the FD2 engine) if the car was in band G.

Likewise, I wouldn't have one of these (despite the brilliant engineering in it) - they're just too hardcore for everyday use in the UK!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
For a grand more than mine I could have had one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

Tom

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
I reckon Honda were obliged to keep the Civic's fuel consumption to a minimum and keep the car at a CO2/emissions category of F or better - I'm sure there's some marketing research somewhere that states a lot of potential buyers would have been put off (despite the extra power or the FD2 engine) if the car was in band G.

Likewise, I wouldn't have one of these (despite the brilliant engineering in it) - they're just too hardcore for everyday use in the UK!

yeah i know what you mean but i would definitely like to test one , and if it was not group 20 insurance i would seriously consider one , but at the end of the day the FN2 is sexier ! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts