2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
201 - 220 of 400 Posts

· R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
8,787 Posts
Coilovers are nice, but hardly necessary unless a lot of track use is planned …

I have the circa -25mm springs and the +15mm spacers, which improve things immensely - the Koni FSD shocks complete the 'handling' package, but are the most expensive part …

One guy here, has -40mm springs, and says they work just fine …

· ...FORM > FUNCTION...
420 Posts
Pilot's...?

2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
excellent car,well done.carbon dash is a "must have" if you have a piano black dash.just fitted one myself,well the dealer did.is your gear knob honda or aftermarket?
My gear knob is the genuine Honda sports gear knob from the accessories brochure. I do think this one blends in perfectly with the interior... Only other option is the Skunk2 IMO (or the Blox/seeker ones for the FN2 as they have a darker interior trim)... :)

You should start a thread showing your car! Introduce yourself - Civinfo Doesn't matter if it's still standard. Got any modding plans?

· Registered
38 Posts
i ordered the same gear knob as you,plus the gaiter.i have fitted new honda alloys,carbon dash,replaced fog light plastic blanks with silver/black mesh blanks-this is a cheap mod but makes a basic car look that bit better.on wednesday the car is being fitted with rear parking sensors,type r tailgate spoiler-2nd hand from ebay,new aluminium petrol fuel flap,rear exhaust blanks are being replaced with chrome/black mesh blanks from the new si model.aluminium footplate and pedals-got these cheap from a breakers yard.keko wind deflectors on order along with new mats.if i had something like the 2.2 diesel,i would have done the front/rear spoilers + skirts.but on my car it would be over kill.i do not have a camera to take pics,but when all bits have arrived and have been fitted,i will get a mate to do this and then i will post.i will be in aidenkirk (i hope i have spelt it correctly) in a few weeks-i love belgium/holland,people are so polite/friendly.

· Registered
38 Posts
jeremiah,forgot to add that i think you have done the right thing in keeping the front grill standard.it gives the car a distinctive look that attracted me to the civic.the type r/s grills with mesh,take away the civics unique look.i have noticed on some of the new civics there is a new front grill which keeps the glass look with a small amount of mesh either side of the front badge.and it looks good.but as stated,i love the original front so i am not tempted to change mine.

· Registered
38 Posts
yes-by the coast-in the uk its known as tobacco village.that part of belgium is like east anglia where i live.sorry about mis spelling.this trip is with mates who are buying cigerettes-i am going for the ride,but i have been to see the battlefields/WW1 + WW2 museams,verdun,bastone,ardennes-so peaceful,rural,but cost of living in belgium is very high.i dread to think how much your mods have cost you.

· Registered
38 Posts
alloys were from 09 type s-the guy i bought them from orderd a new car,then orderd type r wheels as an after thought before honda dealer recieved his car.as a result i got the original wheels with tyres,never been on the road for £300.

2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
no more 'ricer' bulbs... ;-)

Threw my Pilot 8000K hid's out of the car, together with my 12000K foglights... Problem was they both were way too bright (too much glare) and they both had too much of a blue hue to them... I was kind of bored with the straight-in-your-face aftermarket (ricer) look of those 8000K and 12000K hids...

So I refitted my 6000K H7R hid's (from HIDS4U) again, together with Mr JP's 6500K Halogen fog light bulbs (H11). Now my car has a great OEM+ look :)

Gives a nice white light, without too much glare and a really great beam patter too (HID), and the less yellow H11 fogs do blend in nicely with the main beams now...

Gives just a more mature, stock hid look :-D

A picture of the current setup (sorry for the bad phone quality)... :)
Light Lens flare Lighting Sky Text

2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
lights...

Some more pictures... Comparison of the stock H1 high beam halogen bulbs to my HIDS4U 6000K H7R HID kit to Mr Jp's 6500K H11 Fog light bulbs...

Headlamp Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Light
Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Light
Vehicle Headlamp Car Automotive lighting Light

Going to order some H1 6500K halogen bulbs from Mr JP soon too... They look stunning :-D Had a hid kit in the high beams first, but that's not optimal for flashing etc.. as those hid bulbs have some "warmup" time before they are intense enough...

And a quick pic I took today on my phone... :-D

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Automotive design

· Strong in me The Force is
740 Posts
I know where that last one was taken. ;-)
BTW your car looks stunning. You obviously put a lot of effort in it. And it's all just about right: discrete, not over the top, totally to my likings.
I just think the TypeS sticker is...well..."wrong". I know it's a sport, it's just not a TypeS. Put a TypeD sticker on it! (Like I did on the missus' car.) :)

2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
I know where that last one was taken. ;-)
BTW your car looks stunning. You obviously put a lot of effort in it. And it's all just about right: discrete, not over the top, totally to my likings.
I just think the TypeS sticker is...well..."wrong". I know it's a sport, it's just not a TypeS. Put a TypeD sticker on it! (Like I did on the missus' car.) :)
* Yeah, looks familiar, doesn't it? It's in SunCourts (oops, used Google Translator!) :p ;-)

* Thanks for the compliment.. I also like it best now, without the right-in-your face H7 blinding 8000K aftermarket blueish xenons... The H7R 6000K bulbs look awesome. Pure white! :cool:

* I wanted to put a "Sport" sticker on it first... I photoshopped some things, tried several fonts, decals,... but it just didn't look right...

Now, my car has exactly the same engine, interior, exterior (except for 2 doors more, the whole S/R sideskirts, wheel arches,... are on the car), etc... as the "real" type S, so I see no shame in labelling it that way... ;-)

So, why can I label it as a "Type D(iesel)", but not as a "Type S(port)"? (because it's the Sport model) That just doesn't make any sense... ;-)

Furthermore, the Type S brand is not being honoured by Honda in this line of Civics, as even the 1.4 litre is currently available as a Type S... So it's not that I'm giving the impression that the car is having more power then it actually has...

I personally would've thought you'd care more about those "Brembo" decals on the calipers, but those are not for creating the suggesting of having big brake calipers, but just to "break" the red caliper a bit... It just felt "too red" without a decal (and I didn't find any 'TRW' or 'Nissin' or 'Ferodo' (brake pads I'm currently using) on the net)... :police:

* I found some Type R front seats for 350€ (for both!), but I'm not going to buy them.. I would hate the "Type R" logo on them and the fact that they wouldn't match my rear seats... I asked some prices to get them re-done in dark alcantara to match the rest of the interior (and iron some "Type S" decals on them;-) ), but that would add 400€ or more to the bill, so I'm going to leave the idea... Maybe in a few years when my current seats are worn out... (or when I win the lottery :p) :cool::popcorn:

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Hi

Your car looks very nice. Have you thought about changing front grill for this from new Type S ?
IMO it would make a difference, in + of course :) anyway looks good.

Dawid

· R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
8,787 Posts
Hi

Your car looks very nice. Have you thought about changing front grill for this from new Type S ?
IMO it would make a difference, in + of course :) anyway looks good.

Dawid
Or the "Si" grill, like mine - nicer trim colour …

As for the 'Sport' stickers - try [Gers] in here - he's always up for a challenge …

201 - 220 of 400 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.