2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Jeremiah's FK3 progress thread

86K views 399 replies 102 participants last post by  b.mixopoulos 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
It's time to create myself a progress thread in the styling section :-D :cool:

* * * * * * * * * So, here it goes: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This is where I came from: A standard nighthawk black 5-door 2.2 i-ctdi from 2007 with 32000km's (about 20000 miles), got it from August 2009.

First things I've put on the car where the Type S rims (I preferred their look above the standard 5-door 17" alloys), the sport gear knob and of course... the Civinfo stickers (I have no dyno runs, but I can assure you guys I've felt lots of bhp improvement :razz:)!

More pictures (and in full resolution) can be found here...
Thanks for viewing!

Grtz, Jeremiah

See less See more
#32 ·
First, I was thinking of painting the inserts in a graphite sort of colour (to get more contrast), but I'm certainly not going to do this anymore. I really like the dangerous, but also sophisticated look of the black-on-black grand prix pack :p :cool:

But I get what you're saying, I also like the contrast of the black splitters on milano or alabaster very much. :)

#38 ·
That turned out really well :thumbsup: I love the front and rear splitters, I think they look very classy with the NHB. :cool:

Maybe a rear image pack spoiler would complete the transformation. ;)

Thanks for the positive comment :)

I was in doubt between the new image pack spoiler or the type R one from Deltastyling... But I think I'm just going to leave it alone, it also looks great without spoiler IMO... I really like the little "bump upwards" in the middle of the rear perspex spoiler (if you know what I mean) :p :cool:

#40 ·
Why I suggested the image pack spoiler was, it looks very subtle when fitted to NHB as its against the black plexi glass and would tie in nicely with the black on black look of your splitters, but really does add a nice profile to the rear look of the car. :cool:

Yeah the little raised bit on the plexi glass is another nice styling touch on our cars, they could have easily just made it totally flat. :D...not bad looking motors ehhh ;)

#43 ·
I'm going to fill them up (also on the sideskirts) with some black silicone (convenient on a black car ;))... :)

And underneath (because the arches also give a gap on the bottom) I'll use some rubber to avoid mud and dirt getting thrown up by the wheels between the arch and the car...

But these things still have to be done somewhere this or next week... Didn't had any more time this weekend... :p

#45 ·
help wanted!

Hey everybody, I'm playing with some thoughts... Could you guys help me out?

First of all, should I tint my windows? I don't like the look of tinted windows on a 5-door Civic, but with the grand prix pack on it it may look good after all...

Secondly: Which alloys should I go for? I really like the look of 19" rages, but I will go definitely for 18" rims (better handling, cheaper tyres+tyre wear & softer road feel)... I quite like the looks of the Delta and Thunder alloys from Honda... The Thunder alloys look a bit like the rages, but on the other hand, the Delta ones look quite special and more unique... :cool:

I made some photoshops (see pictures below)... If anybody has a good idea for other alloys/ other ideas/ ... please let me know!
(1) Standard car ; (2) Tinted rear windows; (3) 19" rages ; (4) 18" Thunder ; (5) 18" Delta

Attachments

#50 ·
So.. Tints: 2 people say yes, 2 people say no :)

And for the rims:
Rages: 1 vote (i also really like them but I'm not going to go for 19 as stated in original post)
Thunders: 1 vote
Delta: 2 votes (I also think that these will stand out a bit more than the tunders in trafic... :) )

I need more opinions people, please!! :-D :p

#55 ·
Concerning the alloys, they will be for next summer! I hope I can drive till winter with my current tyres :), so then I can put winter tyres on the 17" Type S rims...

And then next summer I'm going for the Thunders probably :D :cool: (resemble rages the most; which I like best; but I want to go for 18")...

But back on thread: Another (little) update: Gers red H wheel cap covers! :police:

Fitted them on the caps using Gers great instructions, was quite easy with a bit of water and soap... :popcorn2:

Pictures (pics of them on the car will follow tomorrow): ;)

Attachments

#58 ·
And as promised some pictures of the wheel caps on the car... :-D And even some more pictures of the car of course while I did have the camera out ;-) :cool:

Attachments

#62 · (Edited)
A nice little new mod to the car: I painted my engine cover gold! :-D :p

I'll take some better pictures within a few days when I get time to wash the car ;-)
It also looks way better in real life then in the pictures (a bit lighter shade of gold) :cool:

And some pictures:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.